Friday Nov. 4th - Psalm 50 - Honoring Him!

10:00 AM

 

Friday Nov. 4th

Psalm 50

Honoring Him!



Read Psalm 50

When the unexpected happens what do you do? We all have circumstances in our lives that happen and we wonder why?  The loss of a spouse, child, job, a divorce, our health…etc. you fill in the blank.  I cannot wish or will away any of these interruptions in my life.

 Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I shall rescue you, and you will honor Me.” Psalms 50:15

In the day of distress we must apply to the Lord by fervent prayer. Our troubles, though we see them coming from God’s hand, must drive us to him, not drive us from him. We must acknowledge him in all our ways, depend upon his wisdom, power, and goodness, and refer ourselves wholly to him, and so give him glory. Thus must we keep up communion with God; meeting him with prayers under trials, and with praises in deliverances. Psalms 50:7 [Matthew Henry]

 There was a time in my life when it was all about works.  I believed that if I just did everything right, everything would work out all right.  But that is far from the truth.  He wants all of us to be surrendered to His will and not ours.  We can never do anything to earn His love and His salvation. That was done for us on the cross of Jesus.

 To obey is better than sacrifice, and to love God and our neighbor better than all burnt-offerings. We are here warned not to rest in these performances. Psalms 50:7

 For You do not delight in sacrifice, otherwise I would give it; You are not pleased with burnt offering.

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise. Psalms 51:16-17 

For I delight in loyalty rather than sacrifice and in the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

We are here warned not to rest in these performances. And let us beware of resting in any form. God demands the heart, and how can human inventions please him, when repentance, faith, and holiness are neglected? In the day of distress we must apply to the Lord by fervent prayer. Our troubles, though we see them coming from God’s hand, must drive us to him, not drive us from him. We must acknowledge him in all our ways, depend upon his wisdom, power, and goodness, and refer ourselves wholly to him, and so give him glory. Thus must we keep up communion with God; meeting him with prayers under trials, and with praises in deliverances. Psalms 50:7  [Matthew Henry]

 He is coming!  This excites me to know that we have eternal life to look forward to.

 Before the Lord, for He is coming, for He is coming to judge the earth.  He will judge the world in righteousness and the peoples in His faithfulness.  Psalms 96:13

 I will praise the name of God with song and magnify Him with thanksgiving. Psalms 69:30

 The LORD is my strength and my shield;

My heart trusts in Him, and I am helped;
Therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him. Psalms 28:7

 Are you preparing for the days of uncertainty?

What are your habits with the Lord?    

He is coming again, be prepared!

 

Prayer

You are the God who created the heavens and the earth and all that it contains.  Sometimes it is hard to give thanks to You, I want to just focus on what is happening, but when I run to You, You rescue me!  Inside of focusing on my circumstances I choose to focus on You!  You are the God of my salvation and I sing praises to Your name.  I meditate on Your word and rejoice in You , my God!   

 

Lyn

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments