Scripture Saturday ~ "Becoming A Woman After God's Own Heart - A Journey Through The Psalms"

12:00 AM

 



Good morning and welcome to Scripture Saturday!

But I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning. For you have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress. (Psalm 59:16)

Knowing that God is my refuge, my protector against difficult circumstances or situations or people, shows me that it is in Him that I will find wisdom, strength, peace and love and that He will see me through because “through Him all things are possible.”


We may have met difficult circumstances and situations or maybe have faced difficult people. We may be worrying about our finances, our health, or with family matters. And with worry comes fear. Experience tells me that if I try to “fix it myself” my strength will be zapped and discouragement will set in. I only have to go to my Father, as David states in verse 16, and rely on Him as my strength, the only One who can truly “fix it.” He is our refuge during these times when we focus on Who He is, His promises, and on the love He has for us. And as we focus on Him, He will place a song in our heart because our perspective regarding our difficult circumstance, situation, or stress has changed. He has turned us from worry and defeat to peace and victory!


Thank you, my Father, for the words in the book of Psalms. So often they comfort my soul in difficult times and give me strength in my heart when I am worrying about circumstances.  Help me not to focus on the problems that are happening all around me, and the doubts that can enter my mind and cause me to be afraid. Help me, my Lord, to remember Your promises, Your character, and to cast all my fears and my burdens upon You. Because of Your steadfast love, I will praise Your Name every morning, every evening, all the time!


Don't forget to share with us the attribute of God that most spoke to you this week!


Here is this coming week’s schedule of readings…



            Seeing Jesus/Going beyond God’s attributes


Monday 11/21 Psalm 61     Proverbs 20:28

Tuesday 11/22 Psalm 62     John 10:30

Wednesday 11/23 Psalm 63     Proverbs 20:28 &

        John 10:30 again

Thursday 11/24 Psalm 64     Luke 9:35

Friday 11/25 Psalm 65     Hebrews 10:19-22



*Knowing that God is _____________ shows me that _________________________________.


Here is the link to our study on Facebook...WitW Facebook Page


Have a blessed week everyone!


Sandra


*from Jen Wilkin’s book,  Women of the Word.



You Might Also Like

0 comments