Help in time of trouble! Psalm 60

2:00 PM




Read Psalm 60 - Psalm146

Every day brings new challenges and troubles.  Some days the troubles are piled one on top of another.  I had one of those days recently and it started as soon as I woke up.  I was so distracted and saw everything so negatively. I was so frustrated.  And don’t you know the evil one just kept adding to it.  My attitude was getting worse and I knew if I kept on going that way it would not be good.  

I stopped and cried out to the Lord, help me!  He helped me and changed me right then and there and I was able to handle the troubles for the rest of the day with Him.

1-  He gives us help from our troubles.  Where does our help come from?  The Creator of heaven and earth.   Elohim- In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
 My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth. Psalms 121:1-2

Our help is in the name of the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth. Psalms 124:8

 In my distress I called upon the LORD,
And cried to my God for help;
He heard my voice out of His temple,
And my cry for help before Him came into His ears.
Psalms 18:6

 

2-  Man’s help is useless.  I believe that when we run to men first we bypass the Lord and do things in our own strength. 

YAHWEH-NISSI -The Lord Our Banner

How blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
Whose hope is in the LORD his God, Psalms 146:5

It is better to take refuge in the LORD
Than to trust in princes. Psalms 118:8-9

Oh give us help against the adversary,
For deliverance by man is in vain. Psalms 108:12

 

3-  Our victory is in God alone! He is the one who fights for us and gives us the victory against our enemies.

 EL SHADDAI- God Almighty

Through You we will push back our adversaries;
Through Your name we will trample down those who rise up against us. Psalms 44:5

How blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob,
Whose hope is in the LORD his God,
Who made heaven and earth,
The sea and all that is in them;
Who keeps faith forever; Psalms 146:5-6

Are you having a troubling day?                                                                                                Does it seem like it will never end?                                                                                           Do you find yourself running to others for help?



Father, we come before You because You are the One who made us.  You are intimately acquainted with us.  You know what we are going through and only You can deliver us.  Help us when we have those days or times when everything seems to be going wrong.  Nothing takes you by surprise.  You have all power, and authority.  You are El Elyon, most high God!  For there is no one like You the  God of Jeshurun,
Who rides the heavens to our help,
And through the skies in Your majesty.
You eternal God are our dwelling place,
And underneath us are Your everlasting arms;
And You drive out the enemy from before us,
saying destroy him! Amen



Lyn

You Might Also Like

0 comments