Scripture Saturday ~ "Becoming A Woman After God's Own Heart - A Journey Through The Psalms"

12:00 AM

 


Good morning and welcome to Scripture Saturday!

O God, You are my God; earnestly I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh faints for You, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. (Psalm 63:1)


Knowing that God is my God, my living water, shows me that it is only in Him that my soul will be satisfied.

 

In Psalm 63, David writes how he longs for God…how God is better than life itself. David has a passion for God. Am I as passionate for Him?


“You are my God”…sounds so simple doesn’t it? But those words contain so much meaning! He is my God and if I have claimed Him as my own I must have an intimate, personal relationship with Him. He isn’t just this being that is somewhere way off, uninterested in me and my life. No, He is an ever-present God. He is sufficient for all of the difficult circumstances in my life. There is nothing that I can’t go to Him about. So I must “earnestly” seek Him just as I would for water in a dry, parched land. He should be my “living water” and I should “earnestly” seek Him as I am living in the world today. I must read and meditate on His Word, I must go to Him in prayer, I must go to Him when I need wisdom, correction, forgiveness, acceptance, understanding. And as David said, then, “My soul will be satisfied…” (v.5) 


For He promises that when our soul clings to Him, His right hand will uphold us. 


Let’s all praise God!


Don't forget to share with us the attribute of God that most spoke to you this week!


Here is this coming week’s schedule of readings…



            Seeing Jesus/Going beyond God’s attributes


Monday 11/28 Psalm 66         Luke 9:35 &

            Hebrews 10:19-22 again

Tuesday 11/29 Psalm 67         Numbers 6:24-26

Wednesday 11/30 Psalm 68         Isaiah 45:22

Thursday 12/1 Psalm 69                 John 15:21-27

Friday 12/2 Psalm 70                 Romans 15:1-4



*Knowing that God is _____________ shows me that _________________________________.


Here is the link to our study on Facebook...WitW Facebook Page


Have a blessed week everyone!


Sandra


*from Jen Wilkin’s book,  Women of the Word.


You Might Also Like

0 comments