Scripture Saturday ~ "Becoming A Woman After God's Own Heart - A Journey Through The Psalms"

11:00 PM

 


Good morning and welcome to Scripture Saturday!

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1)


Knowing God is our very present help shows me that God is with me at all times, day or night, willing to speak to me, help me, and guide me.


I am beginning to practice what some call “Christian mindfulness.” It’s taking many moments in my day to connect with God and to give Him thanks for His presence in my life. I know, through His Spirit, God is available 24-7. I am very aware of His presence in the big moments of my days, but I often overlook Him in the small moments. What I must do is learn to be aware of His presence at all times, because that is what Jesus promised all of us…that He sent His Spirit to help us and live in us. We really have easy access to His presence. We can speak to Him just as a good friend. “speaking humbly and talking lovingly with Him at all times, at every moment, without rule or system.” (The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence of the Resurrection) I so desire this to become a daily, moment by moment habit that I will carry with me every remaining day of my life here on earth. It will reach perfection when I am in His heavenly home!


Don't forget to share with us the attribute of God that most spoke to you this week!


Here is this coming week’s schedule of readings…



        Seeing Jesus/Going beyond God’s attributes


Monday 11/7 Psalm 51             Romans 12:1

Tuesday 11/8 Psalm 52             2 Samuel 12:1-14 &

        Romans 12:1 again

Wednesday 11/9 Psalm 53     Acts 4:11-12

Thursday 11/10 Psalm 54     Colossians 3:1-4

Friday 11/11 Psalm 55     John 13:16-20



*Knowing that God is _____________ shows me that _________________________________.


Here is the link to our study on Facebook...WitW Facebook Page


Have a blessed week everyone!


Sandra


*from Jen Wilkin’s book,  Women of the Word.

You Might Also Like

0 comments