Scripture Saturday ~ "Becoming A Woman After God's Own Heart - A Journey Through The Psalms"

12:00 AM


 



Good morning and welcome to Scripture Saturday!

But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. I trust in the steadfast love of God forever and ever. I will thank you forever, because you have done it. I will wait for your name, for it is good, in the presence of the godly. (Psalm 52:8-9)

Knowing that God is steadfast in His love forever and ever shows me that I am to trust Him with my entire being, with everything I am, have, and love.

I have to admit…these verses made me really reflect on my walk with Jesus. How could I, as a follower of Jesus, be “like a green olive tree in the house of God”? Am I living in the presence of God everyday, every moment? Am I confident that He will be faithful as I pray for the most? Do I depend on Him, rely on Him for all my needs and to see me through all my fears? Am I thankful for His faithfulness for Who He is and what He has done? Am I patient, walking by faith and not by sight, letting His Spirit lead me? Am I expecting great things from a great God?
If I truly desire to be that green olive tree in the house, in the presence of God, then I must trust in Him completely, fully knowing Who He is - a good, faithful, loving God, worthy of my worship, patience, and thankfulness.

Don't forget to share with us the attribute of God that most spoke to you this week!

Here is this coming week’s schedule of readings…


            Seeing Jesus/Going beyond God’s attributes

Monday 11/14 Psalm 56         1 Peter 5:6-7
Tuesday 11/15 Psalm 57         Luke 24:45-47
Wednesday 11/16    Psalm 58 Ephesians 1:3-4
Thursday 11/17 Psalm 59         1 Samuel 19:11-18
Friday 11/18 Psalm 60         Acts 13:32-37


*Knowing that God is _____________ shows me that _________________________________.

Here is the link to our study on Facebook...WitW Facebook Page

Have a blessed week everyone!

Sandra


*from Jen Wilkin’s book,  Women of the Word.


You Might Also Like

0 comments