Friday March 12th-Dorcas-Acts9:36-42

11:00 PM

 

Friday March 12th-Dorcas- Acts 9:36-42

Rich in acts of kindness and charity!





Dorcas was a disciple and a seamstress and she did not keep things to herself.  Not only did she enjoy making clothes for the widows and the saints but also encouraged them.  Her love and kindness made them feel loved and cherished and it showed by her actions.  When she died they were so wrought, and when they heard Peter was nearby they sent for him, trusting that he would heal her.  He did! 

Lord, You know how much I love to give to Your people and especially to the widows.  It brings me great joy to be able to help them, and encourage them and it is only because You have given me the gift of service and the talent to sew clothes.  As I am making these clothes I pray for them.  It always bring me such great pleasure to be part of their lives.  I don’t remember much of that day that I was very sick.  When I awoke and saw Peter I was so happy to see him.  He had been praying for me and when I heard him call my name to rise up, I sat up and he extended his hand to me. It is through the power of prayer and faith in You that though I had died, You made me alive again.  My greatest joy is in knowing that it became known all throughout Joppa and that many came to believe in You, Jesus.  It is my joy to serve You. 



 

 



 

EVERY WEEK WE MEET FOR PRAYER AND WE WOULD LOVE TO PRAY FOR YOU.  LEAVE YOUR REQUESTS HERE AND WE WILL BRING THEM BEFORE THE FATHER.  OR, EVEN BETTER, COME JOIN US! Here's the Link

 

Lyn

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments