Friday Sept. 30th-Psalm 25- Waiting!

4:22 AM

 


                                                        Read Psalm 25-II Timothy 1:12

Are you waiting on the Lord for something in your life? 

Have you been waiting a long time?

I had a mother-in-law that I had prayed for a very long time.  Almost 35 years in fact.  There were many times I just wanted to give up, but, with the Lord’s help I persevered.  Our relationship was a real struggle!  I so wanted to just walk away but I ran to the Lord for help.  I learned to forgive her, be kind to her, and prayed hard for her.  Just before she passed away she came to know the Lord as her Savior and Lord.  It was so beautiful you could not help but notice the complete change in her.

How do we wait on the Lord?

Wait-To rest in expectation and patience, to stay; not to depart, to look watchfully. To be ready to serve; to obey [1828 Websters Dict.]   

I used to always think that waiting meant doing nothing but that is far from the truth.  As we wait for Him we can be very active, spending time in His Word, praying and meditating on His Word.  We can hide His Word in our hearts so that we might not sin against Him.  He is good to those who wait on Him and we are not shaken. 

One of my favorite verses while waiting is  II Tim. 1:12 …for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day.

Scriptures to encourage you while you wait!

O Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to you, avoiding worldly and empty chatter and the opposing arguments of what is falsely called “knowledge”— 21 which some have professed and thus gone astray from the faith.
Grace be with you. 1 Timothy 6:20-21

Retain the standard of sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. 14 Guard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you. 2 Timothy 1:13-14

                                       

Wait for the LORD;
Be strong and let your heart take courage;
Yes, wait for the LORD Psalms 27:14

The LORD is good to those who wait for Him,
To the person who seeks Him.
26 It is good that he waits silently
For the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3:25-26

My soul waits in silence for God only;
From Him is my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation,
My stronghold; I shall not be greatly shaken. Psalms 62:1-2

What are you waiting for?

Looking forward to hear what you are doing while you are waiting on Him.

Prayer

Father, sometimes the wait seems like it is taking forever, but we can be confident that what we have entrusted to You, You will accomplish in Your time and way.  Help us not to worry or fret but to keep trusting in You.  To keep growing from spending time with You each day in Your Word.  Help us to hide Your Word in our hearts that we might not sin against You.  Help us to come boldly and confidently before Your throne of grace, to receive mercy and grace for help in our times of need.  For there is no one like You, the God of Israel, who rides on the heavens to help us and on the clouds in Your majesty. You eternal God are our refuge and underneath us are Your everlasting arms.  Drive out the enemy from before us, saying destroy him! Deut 33: 26-27  Amen!

Selah,

Lyn

You Might Also Like

0 comments