GOD IS FOREVER PRESENT- Psalm 19, Prov. 24:13-14

8:00 PM

 


Today's reading: Psalm 19, Prov. 24:13-14

As a young woman I had the opportunity to travel with my family: I always thought  it was so much fun,  especially when went to the beach. But after I surrendered my life to Jesus, a friend of mine and her mother invited me to the spend summer vacations at cozy inn next to a beautiful beach! Wow, those amazing sunsets, having breakfast on the terrace listening to the rush of the waves and the sound of the seagulls… the touch of the breeze on my skin!! God’s Presence was in each and every one of these scenarios! I could now praise our Heavenly Father with David’s words:

The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech; night after night they reveal knowledge.” (19:1-2)

I would look back and ask myself: why I had not noticed all this before? What made it so special this time? I like the following explanation by Matthew Henry:

God's glory, (that is, his goodness to man) appears much in the works of creation, but much more in and by divine revelation. The Holy Scripture, as it is a rule both of our duty to God and of our expectation from him, is of much greater use and benefit to us than day or night, than the air we breathe in, or the light of the sun. The discoveries made of God by his works might have served if man had retained his integrity; but, to recover him out of his fallen state, another course must be taken; that must be done by the word of God.”

Yes, when we recognize the Glory of God in His Creation not only through our senses but through His Word, our whole being responds in awe! That is why in the following verses David continues expressing how valuable His Word is:

“-The law of the Lord is perfect.  It is perfectly free from all corruption, perfectly filled with all good, and perfectly fitted for the end for which it is designed; and it will make the man of God perfect, (2 Tim. 3:17)

 -The testimony of the Lord (which witnesses for him to us) is sure, incontestably and inviolably sure, what we may give credit to, may rely upon, and may be confident it will not deceive us.

-The statutes of the Lord (enacted by his authority, and binding on all wherever they come) are right, exactly agreeing with the eternal rules and principles of good and evil, that is, with the right reason of man and the right counsels of God. All God's precepts, concerning all things, are right (Ps. 119:128), just as they should be;

-The commandment of the Lord is pure; it is clear, without darkness; it is clean, without dross and defilement. It is itself purified from all alloy, and is purifying to those that receive and embrace it.

-The fear of the Lord (true religion and godliness prescribed in the word, reigning in the heart, and practiced in the life) is clean: clean itself, and will make us clean (Jn. 15:3); it will cleanse our way,

-The judgments of the Lord (all his precepts, which are framed in infinite wisdom) are true; they are grounded upon the most sacred and unquestionable truths;  they are righteous, all consonant to natural equity; and they are so altogether: there is no unrighteousness in any of them, but they are all of a piece.” (19:7-10 -Blueletterbible.org)




We can now realize our Heavenly Father’s Revelation to all who seek Him: His Glory, His Greatness, His Majesty, and humbly recognize as David did, how small we are and how great our flaws are!  David also recognized he so much needed to depend on His Rock and Redeemer, and so do we!

Prayer:

Heavenly Father: I humbly come to the throne of Grace, recognizing how much I need you, for I fail in my walk with you and sin against you in many ways, especially when I take for granted ALL you have given me!

Thank you Heavenly Father for your beautiful creation and your precious Word with which You have revealed Your loving kindness to us. May I always treasure it in my heart, follow it and share it, every day of my life!  Thank you for the Precious life of Jesus, who: “…  is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. “(Col, 1:15-16), and who voluntarily laid down His life for our redemption! (Titus 2:14) O how great is Your love for us!! May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.” (19:14), In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen 

Blessings,

Mari

 


You Might Also Like

0 comments