Never Alone ~ Psalm 12

9:00 AM

 Today's Reading: Psalm 12 & James 1:12

Have you ever felt alone, abandoned, helpless? 

Have you ever felt like you were being forced to swim against the social currents out there today? If so, how did that feel? David gives us some insights into these emotions in this Psalm and some encouragement. 

There was a time when I was the ONLY Christian in the faculty of the elementary school I was employed in! And it was hard! The staff knew I was a Christian and I felt as though I had very few "friends" in that school though I remained friendly with everyone. I felt I was always being watch, talked about, for they wanted to take me down, so they would no longer feel any glimmer of conviction and be free to live as they saw fit in their own eyes. 

During that time I could relate to Elijah, who at one time, also felt He was the only one left on earth to fight for what was right! He was a great prophet, used mightily by God in the days of Ahab and Jezebel, but the fight became too hard at one point for Elijah, 

“I have been very zealous for the LORD, the God of Hosts,” he replied, “but the Israelites have forsaken Your covenant, torn down Your altars, and killed Your prophets with the sword. I am the only one left, and they are seeking my life as well.”

So God lets Elijah in on His plans,

Then the LORD said to him, “Go back by the way you came, and go to the Desert of Damascus. When you arrive, you are to anoint Hazael as king over Aram. You are also to anoint Jehu son of Nimshi as king over Israel and Elisha son of Shaphat from Abel-meholah to succeed you as prophet.

Then Jehu will put to death whoever escapes the sword of Hazael, and Elisha will put to death whoever escapes the sword of Jehu.

Nevertheless, I have reserved seven thousand in Israel—all whose knees have not bowed to Baal and whose mouths have not kissed him.” - 1 King 19:14-18 (emphasis mine)

We can see in Psalm 12 that David was also acquainted with that same feelings. 

Help, Lord, for no one is faithful anymore; those who are loyal have vanished from the human race. Everyone lies to their neighbor; they flatter with their lips but harbor deception in their hearts. - Psalm 12:1-2

And Lord answers back,

 “I have seen violence done to the helpless, and I have heard the groans of the poor.
Now I will rise up to rescue them, as they have longed for me to do.”


David wants us to remember here that we are never alone, but we are in a war. We have an enemy who seeks to steal, kill and destroy our witness anyway he can. There will also be others who are always watching; waiting for us to mess up and do and say anything that would discredit our testimony of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ. 

So, let me ask you:
Did this psalm seem like it was written for today?
Have you come under an attack in the past? Do you sense being under attack just now?
If so, what have you done to bring relief? 
I would love for you to share your story with us! 

As for me, after a time, The Lord removed me from that school situation and gave me my dream position! AND the very best working environment; working along side one of my lifelong BFFs! So that I can echo the words of David here in Psalm 12:7-8, 

Therefore, Lord, we know You will protect the oppressed, preserving them forever from this lying generation, even though the wicked strut about, and evil is praised throughout the land.

Let's Pray:

O Father, thank You that you see it all! You are always watching and see our oppression. I am so thankful that You are Jehovah- Roi- the God who sees me!  Help me in times of trouble to remember I never have to face anything alone. You are there! You are able to come to my defense and aid. And You have my very best interest at heart. 
I am never alone., for you are only a breath away. In the precious name of Your Son, Jesus I pray with a grateful heart! Amen!

Blessings, 








You Might Also Like

0 comments