Scripture Saturday ~ "Becoming A Woman After God's Own Heart - A Journey Through The Psalms"

12:00 AM

 


Happy Scripture Saturday!


The verse for this week comes from Psalm 18. This Psalm was written the day that God delivered David…rescued him from his enemies and from Saul.


For it is You who light my lamp; the LORD my God lightens my darkness. (Psalm 18:28)


Knowing that God is my light, my hope in times of darkness: my troubles, difficulties, confusion, shows me that in the midst of these times of darkness, as I go to Him, He is ready to provide deliverance, loving guidance, joy, and peace…and I will follow His light in a trusting, abiding faith.


Our life, sadly, involves times of darkness. Times of suffering, hardships, adversity or pain, which are all part of the life that we have here on earth. But we are fortunate to have a light that shines through these times of darkness. A light that comes from only Him. 


Don’t you love the transparency of David? Here in Psalm 18, David reminds us that when we are experiencing a time of darkness, we can, and should, in faith, hope and trust, turn to Him who is more than able to come to our rescue. As we cry out to Him, in distress, He provides us with Light, His wisdom, His strength, His love, His entire being. His light shines so that we can see the path He directs us to follow.  Our part is simply to listen and obey for, as David said, “…He clothes me with strength and makes my way perfect.” (v. 32)


Don't forget to share with us the attribute of God that most spoke to you this week!


Here is this coming week’s schedule of readings…



          Seeing Jesus/Going beyond God’s attributes


Monday 9/26 Psalm 21                 1 Corinthians 15:17-22

Tuesday 9/27 Psalm 22                 Matthew 27:32-44 &

                Hebrews 2:10-13

Wednesday 9/28 Psalm 23                 John 10:11-18

Thursday 9/29 Psalm 24                 Acts 1:9-11

Friday 9/30 Psalm 25                 Exodus 34:6-7 &

                John 5:36



*Knowing that God is _____________ shows me that _________________________________.



Here is the link to our study on Facebook...WitW Facebook Page



Have a blessed week everyone!



Sandra


*from Jen Wilkin’s book,  Women of the Word.


You Might Also Like

0 comments