Friday Sept. 23-Psalm 20-Trust in the name of the Lord our God!

11:00 AM

 


Trust in the name of the Lord our God!



Read Psalm 20-Eph. 6:10-18

This psalm is a prayer for victory over our enemies.  The enemy is hard at work to distract us in any way he can.  He taunts the army of the living God as he did in the days of David and just as David stood strong in the Lord we can to.  David used a stone to overcome the enemy and we have God’s word to overcome him. 

God gives us victory against the flesh, the world and the devil. Our battles are His battles of light against darkness and good against evil.

He shall say to them, ‘Hear, O Israel, you are approaching the battle against your enemies today. Do not be fainthearted. Do not be afraid, or panic, or tremble before them, 4 for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.’ Deuteronomy 20:3-4



 

Psalm 20:5 says, “May we shout for joy over your victory and lift up our banners in the name of our God.” In verses 6–8 Now this I know: The Lord gives victory to his anointed. He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary with the victorious power of his right hand. Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm.” God’s people continue to say, “The Lord is my Banner,” because it is in His power that the enemies are vanquished (see also Psalm 60:4–5). The Lord is our Banner in that He is the One under whom we unite. He is our Savior. We are rescued by Him and identified in Him.

Isaiah prophesies that the “Root of Jesse” (Jesus) will stand as a banner for the peoples.  Then in that day
The nations will resort to the root of Jesse,
Who will stand as a  signal for the peoples;
And His resting place will be glorious. Isaiah 11:10

 

Let’s pray

Abba Father, I acknowledge You as the One true God, the God of Jacob.  You are our Jehovah-Nissi, a banner over us.  You help us and support us.  You grant us our heart’s desire.  We sing for joy over Your victory in our lives.  You save Your anointed ones with the saving strength of Your right hand.  Some boast in many things in their lives but we will only boast in the You the Lord our God.  We rise up and stand before You, Our King. 

Lord, I thank You that You have given us everything we need to stand strong against the enemy of our soul.  It is You “who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ” and I submit myself to You as Your servant.  Help me to always understand who my enemy is and be able to clearly recognize his hand in everything.  I know You do not ever bring confusion on us, but You can confuse the enemy (I Cor. 14:32).  Whenever he tries to cause confusion in my life, I pray You will cause confusion in his camp when I pray.  I know the enemy is no match for You, and the only way he gains power is by deceiving people into believing his lies.  Keep me from all deception.

Thank you, Lord, for protecting me and those I pray for from evil people who do the enemy’ bidding.  Thank You, Jesus, that we can be delivered from “unreasonable and wicked men” (II Thess. 3:2).  Keep me from becoming fearful when I see the wicked succeeding in their terrible plans.  Enable me to rise up against the enemy in prayer.  Keep me from all sin so that I will never allow the enemy to have a wedge in my life.  I want to only do what pleases You and never do the enemy’s bidding.  I know that only You are everywhere.  The enemy is not!  Only You are all–powerful and know everything.  Neither of those is true of the enemy.  Help me to remember these things at all times.  In Jesus’ name I pray.

 

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. 11  Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against  flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, 15 and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; 16  in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18  With all prayer and petition  pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, Ephesians 6:10-18

I encourage you to pray through the armor each day!

Selah,                                                                                

Lyn

 

 

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments