Scripture Saturday ~ "Becoming A Woman After God's Own Heart - A Journey Through The Psalms"

12:00 AM

 



Happy Scripture Saturday everyone! 


I hope you all were blessed from our readings this week. I know that I was and I know I will be the next time I read them! The Book of Psalms is one place I go to over and over again when needing encouragement and assurance.


Psalm 13 verse 5 was where I found my promise of His character…


But I have trusted in your faithful love; my heart will rejoice in your deliverance.


Knowing God is my deliverer shows me that He is ready to come to my rescue. All I have to do is go to Him! First!


This spoke to my struggle with control. There are times when I desire to “fix” my problem, the difficult situation I am in (or one that someone I love is in) on my own. BUT this verse reminded me to trust in Him, trust in His faithfulness, trust in His sovereignty, trust in His wisdom, and His strength.  If He can rescue us from the “domain of darkness and transfer(red) us into the kingdom of the Son He loves,” (Col 1:13) then I am assured that there is no situation, difficulty, person or entity that He cannot overcome.  I will rejoice!



I don’t know about you but I need to be reminded of this character of His everyday! So I am putting Psalm 13:5 to memory - hiding it in my heart - so that it is there, a reminder always.


Don't forget to share with us the attribute of God that most spoke to you this week!


Here is this coming week’s schedule of readings…



           Seeing Jesus/Going beyond God’s attributes


Monday     9/19        Psalm 16         Acts 2:25-34

Tuesday     9/20        Psalm 17         Matthew 26:51-56 &

                            Rev. 22:4

Wednesday 9/21     Psalm 18         2 Samuel 7:4-17 &

                            Romans 15:8-13 

Thursday     9/22        Psalm 19         Proverbs 24:13-14 &

                            Romans 10:16-21

Friday     9/23        Psalm 20              John 11:25,26



*Knowing that God is _____________ shows me that _________________________________.



Here is the link to our study on Facebook...WitW Facebook Page


Have a blessed week everyone!


Sandra


*from Jen Wilkin’s book,  Women of the Word.

You Might Also Like

0 comments