Scripture Saturday ~ "Becoming A Woman After God's Own Heart - A Journey Through The Psalms"

12:00 AM

 


Happy Scripture Saturday! 


Psalms 6 - 10, again, were filled with attributes of God…I think I found at least 5 in each Psalm! But one attribute stood out the most for me, had me pause and reflect…


“The One who examines the thoughts and emotions is a righteous God.” (Psalm 7:9b)


Knowing God is righteous...always good and right shows me that He knows me inside and out and will call me on it!


I cannot hide from Him. He knows my heart and my thoughts. He knows those things that are pleasing to Him and those that are not. There is nothing that I can hide from Him. I know that I must go to Him with complete transparency…this is true fellowship. I must talk with Him. Express to Him what is in my heart...and because He is who He is, He is ready with His blessings, forgiveness, generosity, and mercy, being desirous that that I am right with Him. I am assured that His Spirit will then guide me...and as Paul said, "I (will) press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."  Oh how my heart is thankful!


Don't forget to share with us the attribute of God that most spoke to you this week!


Here is this coming week’s schedule of readings…


  Seeing Jesus/Going beyond God’s attributes


Monday      9/12 Psalm 11         John 14:6

Tuesday      9/13 Psalm 12         James 1:12

Wednesday 9/14 Psalm 13         Colossians 1:13,14 

Thursday      9/15 Psalm 14         Hebrews 5:7-10

Friday 9/16 Psalm 15         Isaiah 33:13-16



*Knowing that God is _________ shows me that ________________________________.


Here is the link to our study on Facebook...WitW Facebook Page



Have a blessed week everyone!


Sandra


*from Jen Wilkin’s book,  Women of the Word.

You Might Also Like

0 comments