Discerning God's Perfect Plan

9:00 AM

 


Trying to discern God's perfect plan for our life can make us anxious at times. We've prayed, weighed the pros and cons, sought the advice of others and still we're not certain. What then?

The Psalmist also struggled with this same dilemma at times and provide us with Scriptures we can pray when we're seeking His will: 

Psalms 43:3, "Send out your light and your truth; let them lead me; let them bring me to your holy hill and to your dwelling!"

Psalms 25:5, "Lead me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; for you I wait all the day long."

Psalms 31:3, "For you are my rock and my fortress; and for your name’s sake you lead me and guide me; you take me out of the net they have hidden for me, for you are my refuge. Into your hand I commit my spirit; you have redeemed me, O LORD, faithful God." 

The best news is, 
  • God loves us!
  • He desires for us to become all that He has created us to be. 
  • He wants us to lean on and listen for His voice directing us at all times.  
  • He has a plan to get us there if we are obedient and willing to follow His leading. 
  • He knows the way and clearly sees the path ahead. 
  • He knows the stumbling blocks that will try to trip us up, 
  • And He wants to guide us and help us get through even the darkest valleys.
The Book of Isaiah is full of promises like the verse above that we can claim before God. Here's just a few more: 

Isaiah 42:16, "And I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known. I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do,
and I do not forsake them."

Isaiah 58:11, "And the LORD will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail."

I remember a wise woman once advised me that after we've prayed and have sought His counsel; we've been listening to God through His word and the advise of wise counsel and we still are not sure, then we should take the next step and trust that if it's not the right one He will let us know. I've tended to use this as my backup plan, but truthfully, He has always come through and made it very clear in which way I was to go. 

The answer hasn't always come right away and definitely not in the same ways each time, but it has always come! Which is why I often believe God is more interested in teaching me to lean on and listen to Him in times of indecision. 

If we are truly seeking His path, we can rest assured that we will hear and follow, so let's not forget to enjoy the journey together. 

Blessings, 

sue 




You Might Also Like

0 comments