The Right Mindset

11:30 AM





A mindset is important. Here we are studying about anxiety and just a few days ago I allowed so much anxiety to flood my inner being that I developed a severe stomach ache. I was stressing about whether or not to try driving to work in a snow/ ice storm. It wasn’t a smart idea but I wanted to be a dutiful employee. My husband had to remind me that I was focusing on earthly matters instead of trusting the circumstances to God. I’m glad that he did that. It helped me to change my mindset.  


The Bible often addresses the importance of having a spiritual mindset. According to the World English Dictionary, a mindset is about the ideas and attitudes with which a person approaches a situation, esp when these are seen as being difficult to alter. Often in life, there will be circumstances beyond our control.  God wants us to look beyond the circumstances and focus on Him.  We have to trust the results and outcomes to Him and care about our duty to Him more than our duty to man. Instead of fretting until it affected my health, I should have been praying and resting in Him.  


Although it is a good testimony to be dutiful, hardworking, dependable, etc., we have to be careful not to make our priorities about pleasing others or performing for others.  Sometimes, we have to focus on the bigger picture and seek guidance from God about our decisions, and our priorities. 


Who should we be trying to make the proudest? Our family? Our friends? Our teachers or bosses? What about the one who molded us out of the earth itself, who formed us like clay, and instilled within us the very breath of life that shaped the universe?” James D. Maxon


God wants us to stay focused and dependent on Him. Not only is this spiritual mindset important for our day to day circumstances but also for our grander perspective on life. By focusing on our eternal purpose and destiny, we can be freed      

from the anxiety of wasteful toil and effort focused on earthly gain and recognition. 


“He who lays up treasures on earth spends his life backing away from his treasures. To him, death is loss. He who lays up treasures in heaven looks forward to eternity; he’s moving daily toward his treasures. To him, death is gain.” Randy Alcorn

You Might Also Like

0 comments