Thursday Jan. 20th- A Shelter and Refuge

6:00 PM

 


 



From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For You have been a refuge for me, a tower of strength against the enemy.   Let me dwell in Your tent forever; let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings.
Selah. Psalms 61:2-4

During the times when our life is uncertain or we are dealing with anxiety, worry and fears, where do you run to?  Do you run to a friend, food or anything else that will for a time quiet your mind and heart? 

The Lord is a strong tower that we can run into and be safe.  How do you do that?  Spend time in His Word everyday seeking Him, praying His Word, and resting in His promises.  It is a matter of faith, belief, trust, hope and perseverance.  Run to Him first and let Him quiet you.  He only is the One who gives us peace that passes all understanding and guards our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. 

Selah,

Lyn

You Might Also Like

0 comments