Friday February 19th-Martha, Mary and Lazarus’ sister

4:00 PM

 

Friday February 19th-Martha, Mary and Lazarus’ sister




Martha was a servant and she excelled in hospitality.  She paid attention to every detail.  She was not someone who sat around, she kept busy enjoying serving others.  But, like Martha we who love to serve sometimes get tired and forget to take time to rest and get refreshed.  We worry and fret.  Are we doing enough? 

Be hospitable to one another without complaint. As each one has received a special gift, employ it in serving one another as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.    [I Peter 4:9-10]

Now as they were traveling along, He entered a village; and a woman named Martha welcomed Him into her home. She had a sister called Mary, who was seated at the Lord’s feet, listening to His word. But Martha was distracted with all her preparations; and she came up to Him and said, “Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Then tell her to help me.” But the Lord answered and said to her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her.” [Luke 10:38-42]

Jesus, therefore, six days before the Passover, came to Bethany where Lazarus was, whom Jesus had raised from the dead. So they made Him a supper there, and Martha was serving; but Lazarus was one of those reclining at the table with Him.  [John 12:1-2]

Lord, You know how much I love to serve.  I love preparing for company and making sure everything is just right.  It brings me much joy to attend to their needs and just make them feel at home.  Thank You for gifting me with such details of hospitality.  It can be exhausting and I forget to sit down with them and enjoy their company because I worry if everything is just right.  I think of the day You came to our house and I was so worried if I had done enough.  I just wanted everything to be just right for You.  I was so frustrated I even asked [harshly I admit] that You would make her help me.  In Your loving and gracious way You reminded me that I needed to sit like my sister Mary and enjoy You.  So many times Lord I rush around and get things done and I admit not always with a grateful heart.  I complain!  Help me Lord to sit with You before I serve anyone. To serve them as if I am serving You.  Help me Lord to serve You with a grateful heart.  For all that I am is from you. 









EVERY WEEK WE MEET FOR PRAYER AND WE WOULD LOVE TO PRAY FOR YOU.  LEAVE YOUR REQUESTS HERE AND WE WILL BRING THEM BEFORE THE FATHER.  OR, EVEN BETTER, COME JOIN US! Here's the Link

Lyn


You Might Also Like

0 comments