Women of the Bible ~ Martha ~ Scripture Saturday ~ 1 Peter 1:3

11:00 PM

Welcome to Scripture Saturday!


Our verse for this week is 1 Peter 1:3..."Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead..."

Before I was a believer I struggled with death. The awesomeness and hopelessness of it.  Thinking upon it, something that was not in my control and something I could not understand, brought me deep dread. And then, as a believer, I read this account...

"When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went and met Him, while Mary stayed at home.

Martha said to Jesus, 'Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. But even now I know that God will give you whatever you ask of Him'. Jesus said to her 'Your brother will rise again'. Martha said to Him 'I know he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.'

Jesus said to her 'I am the resurrection and the life. Those who believe in Me even though they die, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?'

She said to him 'Yes Lord, I believe that you are the Messiah, the Son of God, the One who is coming into the world.'"

Jesus is declaring to those that were near Him then, and for believers today, that He alone is the resurrection and the life. And Martha, confirming her belief in Him and who He is, shows us that if we believe in Him, even if we die, we live. This was Mary's comfort, and it is ours! Through Jesus, death no longer has any power over us. This is the promise that I trust and claim...death has no power over me!!

Have a blessed week everyone!

You Might Also Like

0 comments