Friday February 12th-Mary of Bethany-Lazarus' sister

3:00 PM


 

                                          Friday February 12th-Mary of Bethany-Lazarus’ sister




Mary knew she was loved by Jesus.  She knew she could trust Him no matter what happened.   She gave the best of the best to Jesus and was very humble before Him.  She washed His feet in humility and reverence for Him.  She was content to sit at His feet.  She knew how to wait for Him and trust Him.

 


Lord, when my brother died I was so heartbroken.  I just knew if You had been here, You would have healed him.  We sent word to You but it took so long for you to get here.  I was discouraged and saddened.  While I was mourning for my brother, You came and wept with us.  And then You did a miraculous thing, You brought Lazarus back to life.  Oh what joy filled my heart.  You are the giver of life.  I cannot thank You enough. I wanted to do something to thank You for what You had done.  That day that You came to our home for dinner I wanted to do something for You.  I anointed Your feet with the finest of perfumes, as if I could even come close to showing You my thankfulness.  Since I have known You, I know that I am deeply loved and treasured.  My soul finds rest in You alone, my hope is in You.  You are my rock and my salvation, my fortress, I will not be shaken.  You are my refuge.  I trust in You at all times, I pour out my heart to You because You alone are my refuge.  I will praise You all the days of my life.  Amen! 

Do you know who you are in Christ? 

Eph. 1: 3-14

Chosen- He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him.

Adopted as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself,

Redeemed through His blood,

Forgiven of our trespasses

Sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,

 

Made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),

we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works,

through Him we both have our access in one Spirit to the Father.

I encourage you today to take some time and sit at Jesus’ feet.  Read through Ephesians 1 and see who our God is and who you are in Him. 

                                           


EVERY WEEK WE MEET FOR PRAYER AND WE WOULD LOVE TO PRAY FOR YOU.  LEAVE YOUR REQUESTS HERE AND WE WILL BRING THEM BEFORE THE FATHER.  OR, EVEN BETTER, COME JOIN US! Here's the Link

Lyn


You Might Also Like

0 comments