Friday February 5th-Mary Magdalene

4:00 PM

 

Friday February 5th , Mary Magdalene



I cannot imagine her life, living with 7 demons inside of her.  I am sure that she lived in a lot of fear and was probably always worried and anxious.  She had an encounter with Jesus and her life was completely changed.  She was a strong follower of Jesus Christ.  We find her with the women praying, at the cross and the first to find Jesus’ body no longer in the tomb. 

Luke 8:2-3-The twelve were with Him, and also some women who had been healed of evil spirits and sicknesses: Mary who was called Magdalene, from whom seven demons had gone out, and Joanna the wife of Chuza, Herod’s steward, and Susanna, and many others who were contributing to their support out of their private means.

John 19:25-But standing by the cross of Jesus were His mother, and His mother’s sister, Mary the wife of Clopas, and Mary Magdalene.

John 20:1-2-Now on the first day of the week Mary Magdalene *came early to the tomb, while it *was still dark, and *saw the stone already taken away from the tomb. So she *ran and *came to Simon Peter and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved, and *said to them, “They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him.”

Lord, I was so tormented day and night.  I lived in constant fear and worry, with unhealthy thoughts running rampant in my mind.  I could not even take care of myself.  I was a mess!  People would look down up me and think she is a lunatic!  Many tried to help me but they could not.  The day You saw me and healed me completely was the best day of my life.  You set me free that day and I have not looked back.  It has been a joy to serve You each day of my life.  When I saw You on the cross, I just could not bear it.  All that suffering and there was not anything that I could do.  I stayed close by because I wanted to be where You are.  When they placed You in the tomb, I went there to see and brought spices to anoint You.  But when I got there the tomb was open and empty.  Where are you?  Who would do such a thing as take your body?  Then You met me there, and I thought you were the gardener,  You called my name and my heart leaped for joy! You are alive!  Now You are seated at the right hand of the Father and I know that I am not alone anymore because You are always with me, You never leave me nor forsake me.  I will serve You all the days of my life.  Amen!

Once Mary was healed and saved, she practiced her faith in following Jesus and ministering to Him and His disciples witnessing to His death.  Mary’s gratitude and love manifested itself in devotion to Christ. 

Have you met Jesus?  Has He changed your life?  We all have a testimony, don’t keep it to yourself, share with others what God has done in your life.   

 

EVERY WEEK WE MEET FOR PRAYER AND WE WOULD LOVE TO PRAY FOR YOU.  LEAVE YOUR REQUESTS HERE AND WE WILL BRING THEM BEFORE THE FATHER. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments