Scripture Saturday ~ "Becoming A Woman After God's Own Heart - A Journey Through The Psalms"

11:00 PM

 


Welcome to Scripture Saturday!

The LORD will fulfill His purpose for me; Your steadfast love, O LORD, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of Your hands. (Psalm 138:8)


Knowing that God is Sovereign and Loving shows me that I am to be confident, trusting that all that God places in my life is the best and is to perfect and prepare me for being in His presence now and for all eternity.


Fulfill = complete = to perfect. 


This should be the reality of my life in God. Paul writes to the Philippians, “And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns" (Phil. 1:6). This is the truth. He will work out His plans for me.


But there are times, ladies, when troubles come my way, that I am not so sure. I wonder. I am anxious and worry. I doubt. But this verse encourages me to bring all these thoughts to Him, and lay them down at His feet, and to remember that He will work all things for my good (Romans 8:28) and He has a perfect plan for my life. I have to remember that His timetable is not mine. I have to remember that He sees more than I can. He will make changes happen in me. He will put me through things that make me different, and I know, will strengthen me as He walks alongside me.


I found this quote by Spurgeon…


“But this is my confidence, the Lord that began will perfect. He has done it all, must do it all, He will do it all. My confidence must not be in what I can do, or in what I have resolved to do, but entirely in what the Lord will do. ‘The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me.’” 

https://www.spurgeon.org/resource-library/sermons/faith-in-perfection/#flipbook/


So I pray…

O Sovereign, Loving God, You have been amazingly good to me. You have answered my prayers, again and again. You have proven your care for me over and over. May I grow in my trust in you. May I know more deeply that you will work out your plans for my life. May I stop worrying and live each day with greater and more joyful confidence in you. Thank you for loving me and promising to walk beside me every step of my life.


Here is this coming week’s schedule of readings…



                    Seeing Jesus/Going beyond God’s attribute(s)

                                        that I found in the

                                          Psalm


Monday 4/24  Psalm 141                 John 17:17-19

Tuesday 4/25  Psalm 142                 Prov 27:5-6 and

                          John 17:17-19 again

Wednesday  4/26  Psalm 143                 Isaiah 57:16

Thursday 4/27  Psalm 144                 2 Cor 5:21

Friday  4/28  Psalm 145                         Exodus 15:18



*Knowing that God is _____________ shows me that _________________________________.


Here is the link to our study on Facebook...WitW Facebook Page


Don't forget to share with us the attribute of God that most spoke to you this week!


Have a blessed week everyone!


Sandra


*from Jen Wilkin’s book,  Women of the Word.

You Might Also Like

0 comments