Friday April 21st-Psalm 140-Prayer Protection!

1:00 PM

 

Psalm 140, Proverbs 27:5-6

Years ago I had and still have a dear friend who was in trouble with family members wanting more than their fair share of the family estate after her husband passed away suddenly.  I asked the Lord to give me something to pray to help her in this situation.  He did, this psalm!  At first I thought can I really pray this?  Yes I can!   I believe that we are praying against the enemy who uses people, devising evil things in their hearts, who continually sharpen their tongues as a viper, they are violent and wicked.  We see this all too much these days.    

In the darkest of times, in the heat of the battles, in the struggles and hardships of life, we can find great reassurance and powerful reminders through the book of Psalms of who God is. He alone is the One who can deliver and set us free from our troubles. So often we run everywhere else for help, but turning to His words of truth first is the best place to go. Praying God’s words back to Him aligns our hearts with His, brings peace to our spirits and reminds us that He’s at work on our behalf. It brings us comfort to know we’re never alone, and we can find refuge in Him and strength for our days. [I believe]

David knows what the enemy is up to. That they are evil, violent and devising evil things in their hearts, continually stir up wars, purposely tripping up his feet, setting snares and traps for him.

Rescue me, O LORD, from evil men; preserve me from violent men who devise evil things in their hearts; they continually stir up wars.  They sharpen their tongues as a serpent; poison of a viper is under their lips. Selah. Keep me, O LORD, from the hands of the wicked; preserve me from violent men who have purposed to trip up my feet.  The proud have hidden a trap for me, and cords; they have spread a net by the wayside; they have set snares for me. Selah. Psalms 140:1-5

David knows who He is God is!  He knows the One he can trust! I said to the LORD, “You are my God;  give ear, O LORD, to the voice of my supplications. “O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation, you have covered my head in the day of battle. Psalms 140:6-7

But as for me, I trust in You, O LORD, I say, “You are my God.” My times are in Your hand; deliver me from the hand of my enemies and from those who persecute me. Psalms 31:14-15

David knows how to pray for them!

As for the head of those who surround me, may the mischief of their lips cover them.  “May burning coals fall upon them; may they be cast into the fire, into deep pits from which they cannot rise.  “May a slanderer not be established in the earth; may evil hunt the violent man speedily.” Psalms 140:9-11

David knows that he and those who call out to Him will be thankful, praising Him!

I know that the LORD will maintain the cause of the afflicted and justice for the poor.  Surely the righteous will give thanks to Your name; the upright will dwell in Your presence. Psalms 140:12-13

Here are some good scriptures to help you in your times of troubles.

For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, 4 for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. 5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ, 2 Corinthians 10:3-5

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand firm therefore, HAVING GIRDED YOUR LOINS WITH TRUTH, and HAVING PUT ON THE BREASTPLATE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS, 15 and having shod YOUR FEET WITH THE PREPARATION OF THE GOSPEL OF PEACE; 16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take THE HELMET OF SALVATION, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. Ephesians 6:10-17

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. 13 Hebrews 4:12-13

Are you in a battle? What are your weapons? What scriptures has the Lord given you to fight the battle you are in?

Father, we come before You, asking You for help in our time of need. The enemy wants to kill, steal and destroy but You have come to give us life abundantly.  We will praise You in this trial knowing that we will grow in our faith.  We lay before You_________ and ask that You intercede for us.  Rescue us from the schemes of the evil one.  We will praise Your name and give You the honor and the glory.  Blessed be Your name, Amen     


 Lyn                                                  

You Might Also Like

0 comments