Scripture Saturday ~ "Becoming A Woman After God's Own Heart - A Journey Through The Psalms"

11:00 PM

 


Welcome to Scripture Saturday!

It is in vain that you rise up early and go late to rest, eating the bread of anxious toil; for He gives to His beloved sleep. (Psalm 127:2)


Knowing that God is generous in His giving of grace and innumerable gifts, even as I sleep, shows me that I can fully depend on Him - He will supply me with all I need: grace, peace, assurance of His love and care, and my everyday needs.


What a wonderful truth it is to realize that God is not only the Author of my refreshing sleep, but also He, in His grace and love, gives me gifts even while I sleep! 


This verse reminded me that when I work in my own strength, when I seek to be independent of Him, I will find it is in, “vain to rise up early and go late to rest” in order to “eat the bread” of my difficult work. It is the Lord Who provides for my everyday needs, and it is He whom that I should, in totality, depend on. If I abide in Him and rest in His love, He will give me His perfect peace every day and every night as I sleep. A peace that passes all understanding, assuring me that He is with me always - even to the end of the age.



Here is this coming week’s schedule of readings…



                    Seeing Jesus/Going beyond God’s attribute(s)

                                    that I found in the

                                              Psalm


Monday 4/10 Psalm 131             Hebrews 5:7-10 and

                      Rev 21:1-4 again

Tuesday 4/11 Psalm 132             Hebrews 5:7-10 and

                      Rev 21:1-4 again

Wednesday  4/12                             Psalm 133 and John 17:20-23

Thursday 4/13  Psalm 134             Eph 4:1-6

Friday  4/14                                     Psalm 135 John 17:20-23 and

                      Eph 4:1-6 again



*Knowing that God is _____________ shows me that _________________________________.


Don't forget to share with us the attribute of God that most spoke to you this week!


Here is the link to our study on Facebook...WitW Facebook Page


Have a blessed week everyone!


Sandra


*from Jen Wilkin’s book,  Women of the Word.











You Might Also Like

0 comments