Friday April 14th-Psalm 135-He is our heritage!

4:00 PM


He is our heritage!  

We praise the name of the Lord for our Lord's name is forever and He is known throughout all generations for what He has done and His promises that never fail. It is good and lovely to sing praises to our Lord.  We have much to praise Him for.  We have a safe, secure and rich heritage in Him.

When the Lord sent Moses out to the sons of Israel, He told him to tell them that I AM WHO I AM has sent me to you.  His name is forever. and this is My memorial-name to all generations. Ex. 3:15

The phrase translated “I am who I am” in Hebrew is ehyeh asher ehyeh. The word ehyeh is the first person common singular of the verb to be. It would be used in any number of normal situations: “I am watching the sheep,” “I am walking on the road,” or “I am his father.” However, when used as a stand-alone description, I AM is the ultimate statement of self-sufficiency, self-existence, and immediate presence. God’s existence is not contingent upon anyone else. His plans are not contingent upon any circumstances. He promises that He will be what He will be; that is, He will be the eternally constant God. He stands, ever-present and unchangeable, completely sufficient in Himself to do what He wills to do and to accomplish what He wills to accomplish. When God identified Himself as I AM WHO I AM, He stated that, no matter when or where, He is there. It is similar to the New Testament expression in Revelation 1:8, “‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, ‘who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.’” This is true of Him for all time, but it would have been especially appropriate for a message in Moses’ day to a people in slavery and who could see no way out. I AM was promising to free them, and they could count on Him! [got questions]

Sometimes when we are going through hardships and it is hard to praise Him.  You may not feel like praising Him but it is where we have a change of heart and brings us into right alignment with Him.  Here are some reasons to praise Him!  

The Lord is good!  For the Lord is good; His lovingkindness is everlasting  and His faithfulness to all generations. Psalm 100:5

Praise the Lord!  For it is good to sing praises to our God; for it is pleasant and praise is becoming. Psalm 147:1

He is above all gods! For You are the Lord Most High over all the earth; You are exalted far above all gods. Psalm 97:9

He is our Judge! He summons the heavens above, and the earth, to judge His people: “Gather My godly ones to Me, those who have made a covenant with Me by sacrifice.” And the heavens declare His righteousness, for God Himself is judge. Selah. Psalm 50:4-6

He is a compassionate God! For the Lord will vindicate His people, and will have compassion on His servants. Deut. 32:36

For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!” The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God,   and if children, heirs also, heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him. Rom. 8:15-17

Our God is great and above all gods. A few weeks ago I talked about idols in our lives. https://t2womenintheword.blogspot.com/2023/03/friday-march-17th-his-love-and.html and here again we are reminded not to trust in idols, with a warning that we will become like them.  It is always good to check ourselves and see if there is anything standing in the way of our praising Him.

He encourages us to bless Him in vs. 19-21 and what does that mean to bless the Lord?  It is to praise Him, exalt Him, and worship Him.

Abba Father, it is good to give You praise....let praises to You be continually in my mouth. That I would boast in You only. Whatever I am doing let me do it heartily for You and not to bring honor to myself.  That those around me will see You in me and it would encourage them. You are the One who gives me wisdom and power to know Your will for my life.  I thank You for the inheritance I have in You, solid, safe and secure.  I sing praises to You Lord all the days of my life.  You are my hope and You reign to all generations.  Praise You Lord!


Lyn







 


You Might Also Like

0 comments