in His Word We Have Hope - Psalm 130

1:00 PM

Friday April 7th

In His word we have hope!

This being Good Friday, my prayer is that you are spending time in His word, reading about what He endured for us.  He took all our sins, griefs and sorrows on the cross.  He gave it all!  Is. 53              With joy we can celebrate Resurrection Sunday!  Acts 2:22-24

We have a God who hears and answers when we call to Him. There are times in our lives when we just are so broken hearted and we are in a waiting time.  Sometimes He answers quickly but sometimes it takes many years to see answered prayers.  But be assured that while you are waiting you will see blessings from Him along the way.  We can have hope in His forgiving love.

Vs. 1-2 This psalm starts with a desperate cry to the Lord to be heard and that He would pay attention to our supplications-petitions and earnest requests.  This is a deep heartfelt request.  It has been weighing on us and troubles our hearts.  

Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed with me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God. Ps. 42:11

I called on Your name, O LORD, out of the lowest pit.  You have heard my voice,  “Do not hide Your ear from my prayer for relief, from my cry for help.  Lam.3:55

Vs:3-4  We realize that if He held our sins before Him we would not be able to stand before Him.   He is a  forgiving God!

But You are a God of forgiveness, gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in lovingkindness; and You did not forsake them.  Nehemiah 9:17b

And do not enter into judgment with Your servant,  for in Your sight no man living is righteous.  Ps. 143:2

The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble, and He knows those who take refuge in Him. Nahum 1:7

Vs. 5-8 We can wait and watch for what the Lord will do.  While we wait, we spend time in His word because His promises are true and that is where our hope is.  He love is steadfast and He is the One who redeems us.

Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield.  For our heart rejoices in Him, because we trust in His holy name.  Let Your lovingkindness, O LORD, be upon us, according as we have hoped in You.  Psalm 33:20-22

I waited patiently for the LORD; and He inclined to me and heard my cry.  He brought me up out of the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay, and He set my feet upon a rock making my footsteps firm.  He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God; many will see and fear and will trust in the LORD.  Psalm 40:1-3

My sisters, don’t give up!  It may seem like a long time in waiting but I can tell you that it is worth the wait!  Treasure those scripture verses that bring You comfort and peace in Him.  Don’t focus on the circumstances but keep your eyes above.  Wait expectantly and He will answer and many times beyond what you have asked for.  After 15 years of silence from two of my children, He has redeemed our relationship!  Believe me when I say that I wanted to give up so many times, but He would not let me.

Have you ever cried out to the Lord from the depth of your heart asking Him to hear your voice?

Do you realize that once you have asked God for forgiveness that it is settled and He has truly forgiven you?  

Are you eagerly/expectantly waiting on Him for answered prayer?

Will you share with others what the Lord has done?

Has the Lord given you a scripture verse(s) to meditate on and believe that He will do it?

Father, we come before You with heart felt requests_____________.  There are days that we just want to quit but You won’t let us.  You keep showing us your blessings while we wait.  Thank you for loving us and forgiving us and for being with us every step of the way.  We love Your Word and hunger and thirst for Your righteousness.  Your love is steadfast and we can expectantly wait for You to answer.  Help us to consider it all joy when we encounter various trials knowing that the testing of our faith produces endurance and let that endurance have it perfect result so that we will be complete lacking in nothing.  In Jesus name, Amen




Lyn

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments