A Love Story Was Written – Psalm 139, John 10:14-16

6:00 PM

 

Today’s reading: Psalm 139, John 10:14-16

This beautiful Psalm was penned  by David, who expressed his gratitude and awe of God by realizing that the Almighty, Omnipresent, Omniscient God would care for him the way He always did: from his young years as a sheep pastor to the days as King  of Israel and until David’s last breath! Throughout all the days of his life His God remained Faithful!

“Omnipresence is God’s characteristic of being present to all ranges of both time and space. Although God is present in all time and space, God is not locally limited to any time or space. God is everywhere and in every now. No molecule or atomic particle is so small that God is not fully present to it, and no galaxy so vast that God does not circumscribe it. But if we were to remove creation, God would still know of it, for He knows all possibilities, whether they are actual or not….Omniscience is defined as “the state of having total knowledge, the quality of knowing everything.” For God to be sovereign over His creation of all things, whether visible or invisible, He has to be all-knowing. His omniscience is not restricted to any one person in the Godhead—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are all by nature omniscient.” (Gotquestions.org)

David expressed his heartfelt words of praise in this psalm, as he meditated on these magnificent Attributes of our God:

Lord, you have searched me [thoroughly] and have known me.
You know when I sit down and when I rise up [my entire life, everything I do];
You understand my thought from afar.
You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And You are intimately acquainted with all my ways.
Even before there is a word on my tongue [still unspoken],
Behold, O Lord, You know it all.
You have enclosed me behind and before,
And [You have] placed Your hand upon me.
Such [infinite] knowledge is too wonderful for me;
It is too high [above me], I cannot reach it.

Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence? (139:1-7)

Just like David acknowledged this because of his heart to heart relationship with His God, He also wants us to know Him more intimately, because:

– He knows us.

– He is everywhere with us. (Immanuel)

– He created you (and me)!

God wants us to know Him, experience Him and glorify Him for who He is and what He does for us. We were made to glorify Him. When we know Him intimately we will have the privilege to experience Him just like David did! Even our Lord Jesus Christ longed for this intimate fellowship as He prayed to His Father in Gethsemane:  (John 17:1b-3, 17:17-19 AMP)

 “Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, so that Your Son may glorify You. Just as You have given Him power and authority over all mankind, [now glorify Him] so that He may give eternal life [b]to all whom You have given Him [to be His—permanently and forever]. Now this is eternal life: that they may know You, the only true [supreme and sovereign] God, and [in the same manner know] Jesus [as the] Christ whom You have sent. 17 Sanctify them in the truth [set them apart for Your purposes, make them holy]; Your word is truth. 18 Just as You commissioned and sent Me into the world, I also have commissioned and sent them (believers) into the world. 19 For their sake [e]I sanctify Myself [to do Your will], so that they also may be sanctified [set apart, dedicated, made holy] in [Your] truth.”

To Know Him and Experience HIM is crucial, for this will give us the deep knowledge that we are His: to understand who and Whose we are. And when times of hardship, injustice, and pain come to our lives, we will be assured Who is for us!! (Romans 8:28-39)

Knowing Him intimately, will keep us firm in our earthly journey until we are called to be Home with Him! This journey is unique, for we are all intimately known and cared for Him (139:1-7); purposed (139:13-16) in Him. We are loved by Him, and our story was written in His book:

“Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book were all written
The days that were appointed for me, When as yet there was not one of them [even taking shape]. 17 How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them! (
139:16-17)

So by knowing HIM, we can rest assured He is fully in Control of our lives no matter the situation!

Thank you Heavenly Father for such an amazing love you have for us! You gave us the greatest proof of Your Love for us through the Sacrifice of our Lord Jesus Christ! But also as we meditate on each one of your blessings on our behalf,  we can praise You like David: “How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How vast is the sum of them!18 If I could count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I awake, I am still with You. (139:17-19). May our hearts always be humbled to recognize we fail you so much, and we cry out as David: “23 Search me [thoroughly], O God, and know my heart; Test me and know my anxious thoughts; 24 And see if there is any wicked or hurtful way in me ,And lead me in the everlasting way.” (139:23-24) In Jesus’ Name we pray! Amen.

Blessings,

Mari


You Might Also Like

0 comments