Scripture Saturday ~ "Becoming A Woman After God's Own Heart - A Journey Through The Psalms"

12:00 AM

 


Welcome to Scripture Saturday!

I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember Your wonders of old. I will ponder all Your work, and meditate on Your mighty deeds. Your way, O God, is holy. What god is great like our God? (Psalm 77:11-13)


Knowing that God is all He says He is shows me that I can pray to God with confidence and expectation because of who He is and what He has done for me in the past.


When reading Psalm 77 we see the psalmist crying out to God about his troubles, his weariness. He knows that God hears his moans, but begins to doubt if God has “forgotten to be gracious?” It is when we read verse 11 that we see a change in the psalmist’s attitude. The psalmist turns his thoughts to remembering and praising God for who He is and for what He has done in the past. He becomes confident that God will answer His prayer in His time.


And so, verses 11 and 12 made me pause because they remind me that when I approach God’s throne in prayer, focusing first on His character and praising Him for who He is, on the wonders He has done in my past, I am confident that when I lift up my petitions I can be at peace knowing full well that He can do it all. 


Here is this coming week’s schedule of readings…



        Seeing Jesus/Going beyond         God’s attribute(s)

                                that I found in the

                                  Psalm


Monday 1/30    Psalm 81    Hebrews 1:3

Tuesday 1/31    Psalm 82    1 Peter 2:13-17

Wednesday 2/1  Psalm 83    Heb 1:3; 1 Peter 2:13-17 again

Thursday 2/2    Psalm 84    John 2:19-21

Friday 2/3    Psalm 85    Rev 15:3-4


*Knowing that God is _____________ shows me that _________________________________.


Don't forget to share with us the attribute of God that most spoke to you this week!


Here is the link to our study on Facebook...WitW Facebook Page


Have a blessed week everyone!


Sandra

*from Jen Wilkin’s book,  Women of the Word.


You Might Also Like

0 comments