Scripture Saturday ~ "Becoming A Woman After God's Own Heart - A Journey Through The Psalms"

12:00 AM

 


Welcome to Scripture Saturday!

Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is nothing on earth I desire besides You. 

My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:25-26)


Knowing that God is my hope, my strength and my future shows me that a deep abiding relationship with Him is the only thing that I need and the only thing that lasts.


In these verses we read and can feel the longing of the psalmist as he pens his deepest desire…“And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides You.” We read these words and we want to speak them just as the psalmist did. We want to desire God like this. We want Him to be supreme in our lives like this. We want to yearn for God…”God, You and only You can live in my heart…You and only You.”


Here is a song that I wanted to share with you…


Yearn by Shane and Shane



Here is this coming week’s schedule of readings…



         Seeing Jesus/Going beyond     God’s attribute(s)

                            that I found in the

                                  Psalm


Monday 1/23        Psalm 76     Isaiah 38:20

Tuesday 1/24        Psalm 77     John 16:33

Wednesday 1/25    Psalm 78     Deut 6:6-9; Matt 13:34-35

Thursday 1/26        Psalm 79     John 13:31-32

Friday    1/27        Psalm 80     John 15:1



*Knowing that God is _____________ shows me that _________________________________.


Don't forget to share with us the attribute of God that most spoke to you this week!


Here is the link to our study on Facebook...WitW Facebook Page



Have a blessed week everyone!


Sandra


*from Jen Wilkin’s book,  Women of the Word.





You Might Also Like

0 comments