Scripture Saturday ~ "Becoming A Woman After God's Own Heart - A Journey Through The Psalms"

12:00 AM

 


Good morning and welcome to Scripture Saturday!


My husband and I are going through a season in our lives where some important decisions need to be made for our future. It has been difficult since I am being pulled in many different directions…especially emotionally.


And then I read Psalm 27 verse 8….


You have said, “Seek my face.” My heart says to you, “Your face, LORD, do I seek.” (Psalm 27:8)


Knowing that God loves me infinitely, unconditionally and faithfully shows me that in response to His love I must keep my eyes and heart upon Him in all things.


At this moment, right now, God is inviting me to, “Seek (His) face.” His desire is to be the only focus of my will, my decision making and the utmost love of my heart. And just as David responded to God, I should also respond,  “Yes. It is only You, Your face, that I will look to.” 


But I need to remember…I can’t just stop at saying that I want to seek His face, or plan to seek His face. I must put my heart’s desire into action.  It is the Holy Spirit that places this desire in me, but also enables me to put it into action. When I, in returned love, faithfulness, and obedience, seek Him, His face, all day long, He promises that I will,  “dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life,” “gaze upon the beauty of the LORD,” and “inquire in His temple.” 


What a good and faithful Father we have ladies!


Don't forget to share with us the attribute of God that most spoke to you this week!


Here is this coming week’s schedule of readings…



            Seeing Jesus/Going beyond God’s attributes


Monday     10/10    Psalm 31     Luke 23:44-46 & 

                        1 Peter 3:10-13

Tuesday     10/11    Psalm 32     Romans 4:1-12 &

                        2 Corinthians 5:17-19

Wednesday 10/12    Psalm 33     Isaiah 42:10-13 &

                        John 1:14

Thursday     10/13    Psalm 34     Ephesians 1:3 & 

                        1 Peter 3:8-13

Friday          10/14    Psalm 35     Romans 3:9-20 &

                        Colossians 2:15



*Knowing that God is _____________ shows me that _________________________________.


Here is the link to our study on Facebook...WitW Facebook Page


Have a blessed week everyone!


Sandra


*from Jen Wilkin’s book,  Women of the Word.

You Might Also Like

0 comments