Friday October 28th - Daughter’s of the King!

11:00 AM

 



Read Psalm 45 & Ruth1:16

We are His!  He is our King! Do you ever think of yourself as the King’s daughter?  Do you know that He is wild about you?   Let’s see what He has to say about being His daughter,

Listen, O daughter, give attention and incline your ear:
Forget your people and your father’s house;  Then the King will desire your beauty.  Because He is your Lord, bow down to Him. Psalms 45:10-11

We are to give attention to and incline our ears to His instruction.

Incline- To bend; to cause to stoop or bow; as, to incline the head or the body in acts of reverence or civility.

Incline your ear and come to Me.
Listen, that you may live;
And I will make an everlasting covenant with you,
According to the faithful mercies shown to David. Isaiah 55:3

It is so important that we take time each day to stop, listen and pay attention to Him.  We do that by being in His Word, wholly focused on Him, because He knit us together in our mother’s womb and is intimately acquainted with us.  We have His word and we should be spending time each day reading, memorizing and meditating on it.  Are you struggling to find time to be alone with Him?  Ask Him and He will show you when is a good time to spend with Him.

But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it. Deuteronomy 30:14
Watch over your heart with all diligence,
For from it flow the springs of life. Proverbs 4:23

Forget your people and your father’s house.

We have a good example of Ruth leaving her family behind to follow her mother-in-law.  She chose to follow God and He blessed her abundantly.  In my bible it says the line of David began with her child, Obed.  She and Boaz were ancestors of our Redeemer, Jesus Christ. 

But Ruth said, “Do not urge me to leave you or turn back from following you; for where you go, I will go, and where you lodge, I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God, my God. Ruth 1:16

Do not call to mind the former things,
Or ponder things of the past.
“Behold, I will do something new,
Now it will spring forth;
Will you not be aware of it?
I will even make a roadway in the wilderness,
Rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:18-19

Don’t live in the past or even think about it….the Lord is doing new things in our lives.  How can we focus on what He is doing if we are always longing for what was in the past.

 Bow down and honor Him

The hidden person of the heart is a woman who has been transformed from the inside out by God's spirit.  We are not conformed to this world but we are transformed by the renewing of our minds and when we do this we can know the will of God, which is good, acceptable and perfect. Rom 12:1-2



Sarah was an example of this.  She obeyed her husband and was not afraid.  Your adornment must not be merely external—braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses; 4 but let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God. 5

For in this way in former times the holy women also, who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands; 6 just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right without being frightened by any fear. 1 Peter 3:3-6 (emphasis mine)

We have a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. It is reserved for us in heaven, protected by the power of God through faith. 

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, 5 who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. -1 Peter 1:3-5

Prayer

Help me Lord to spend time with You each day.  There are days when this is difficult to do.  I ask you to help me to listen and incline my ear towards You and Your word. Help me to have that gentle and quiet spirit which is precious in Your sight.  To be humble before You and surrendered to Your will in my life.  Lord, I do not want to live in the past because You are doing new things in my life, help me to see them.  Give me understanding, make me walk in Your path for my life, may it be the delight of my soul.  Establish Your word in me.  Help me to always remember that I am Your daughter and You delight in me.  In Jesus name, Amen


Lyn


You Might Also Like

0 comments