Scripture Saturday ~ "Becoming A Woman After God's Own Heart - A Journey Through The Psalms"

12:00 AM

 


Happy Scripture Saturday!


The heavens were made by the word of the LORD, and all the stars, by the breath of His mouth. He gathers the water of the sea into a heap; He puts the depths into storehouses. Let the whole earth fear the LORD; let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him. For He spoke, and it came into being; He commanded, and it came into existence. (Psalm 33:6-9 - emphasis on v. 9)


Knowing that God created all things with just His Word, He spoke and it happened just as He said shows me that I am to stand in awe and never doubt in the power of His Word, His character and strength and might. In other words, His greatness!


As I read Psalm 33 pausing at verse 9, I was reminded that when I consider the sovereignty of God, His strength, His Wisdom, His perfection in character, I should be on my knees in awe and humbleness. God never speaks empty words, they will always be fulfilled. Everything that God intends and plans, He has the means and ability to bring into being. 


There are times when I am not confident that God is able to “fix” things. I sometimes forget that it’s in His righteous nature to make all things right. His might and His plans always accomplish His Holy purpose - not only by what He allows to happen, but what He doesn’t.  I am to never doubt His power. I am to simply worship and delight in Him in such a way that my heart rests in Him!


Don't forget to share with us the attribute of God that most spoke to you this week!


Here is this coming week’s schedule of readings…



            Seeing Jesus/Going beyond God’s attributes


Monday     10/17 Psalm 36     Romans 3:9-20 &

                Colossians 1:13-14 again

Tuesday     10/18 Psalm 37     Proverbs 2:21-22 &

                Colossians 2:15

Wednesday 10/19 Psalm 38     John 3:36

Thursday     10/20 Psalm 39     Romans 5:1

Friday     10/21 Psalm 40     John 13:13-19



*Knowing that God is _____________ shows me that _________________________________.


Here is the link to our study on Facebook..WitW Facebook Page


Have a blessed week everyone!


Sandra


*from Jen Wilkin’s book,  Women of the Word.

You Might Also Like

0 comments