Scripture Saturday ~ "Becoming A Woman After God's Own Heart - A Journey Through The Psalms"

12:00 AM

 



Welcome to Scripture Saturday!

Isn’t reading each psalm reminding you of how GREAT God is!


In Psalm 38 we read in David’s beautiful words his longing to be be restored to a right relationship with God. He gives us a glimpse of how sin can affect us mentally, emotionally, and physically. David writes “There is no soundness int my flesh…(sin is) like a heavy burden, they are too heavy for me…all day I go about mourning.” (v. 3, 4, 6). BUT GOD never leaves David, never leaves us, never leaves me. He never gets distracted from His love for me. He never tires of forgiving me and helping me find the right direction. He is as close as the mention of Jesus’ name…all I have to do is call, ”But for you, O LORD, do I wait; it is You, O Lord my God, who will answer.” (v. 15)


Knowing God is faithful and compassionate shows me that when I am distressed, in need for forgiveness, all I have to do is go to Him, cry out to Him and wait. His so desires for me to be right with Him always.


Don't forget to share with us the attribute of God that most spoke to you this week!


Here is this coming week’s schedule of readings…



            Seeing Jesus/Going beyond God’s attributes


Monday 10/24 Psalm 41         Hebrews 10:1-10

Tuesday 10/25 Psalm 42         Jonah 2:1-9

Wednesday  10/26 Psalm 43         Romans 8:35-39

Thursday 10/27 Psalm 44         Deuteronomy 7:6-8 &

                    Job 13:20-24

Friday 10/28 Psalm 45         Isaiah 2:1-5



*Knowing that God is _____________ shows me that _________________________________.


Here is the link to our study on Facebook...WitW Facebook Page


Have a blessed week everyone!


Sandra


*from Jen Wilkin’s book,  Women of the Word.


You Might Also Like

0 comments