Faith- A Living, Bold, Trust in God's Grace {Mark 5:25-34}

3:28 PM


Friday October 25th

FAITH-  trust or belief in something very strongly
Image result for Mark 5:34

Read Mark 5:25-34

I love how this story starts out.  A woman who had had a hemorrhage for 12 years.  Did you notice that she had had, and we will see that she does not have anymore.  Can you imagine having an abnormal bleeding issue for 12 years? 
She suffered much from the hands of many physicians and she had even spent all that she had.  Was she helped?  No, as a matter of fact she got worse. 
I know that I would be discouraged and want to give up, but wait!  She heard about Jesus!   What did she hear about Jesus?
.
Matt. 4:23- And Jesus was going about in all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every king of disease and every kind of sickness among the people.
Mark 3:10-  for He had healed many, with the result that all those who had afflictions pressed about Him in order to touch Him.

I am thinking she was thinking this has to be the real deal because all else had failed.  She probably had even seen some of the people that Jesus had healed.
When she touched Him she felt it!  She was immediately healed!  I wonder if she thought He would notice. 
He noticed!  He felt the power that had gone forth to heal her.  WHO TOUCHED MY GARMENTS!
With all the people around him I am sure many were touching His garments but not like she did. 
He saw her!  I believe that He looked upon her with such love and compassion!  She needed to be healed and He saved her. 
BUT, she was afraid and trembling.  She fell down before Him and told Him the truth.  She was honest with Him.  She did not hold anything back. 
Mark 5:34-Daughter, your faith has made you well, go in peace, and be healed of your affliction.
She had an encounter with Jesus!  She was not disappointed!  She was finally healed.
 
This story is so dear to my heart.  21 years ago I suffered from severe panic attacks and chronic anxiety disorder. I had a pain in my chest that felt like a knife was in it, I could not eat and I lost a lot of weight…I became afraid of everything.  I went to many doctors and had just about every test know to them and they all said we cannot find anything wrong with you.  One doctor decided that I needed my gall bladder out but after I had the surgery the surgeon said to me that was not the problem.  She said it was something deeper than that and did not know what it was.  At that time I was seeing a massage therapist and she told me that it was something deep inside of me.  I did not know where to turn to next.  I was very ill, lost more weight than I needed to and was crippled, I had a family I needed to take care of.  Our pastor and his wife came to our home each week and prayed over me.  Then one day they said,  seek Jesus and that He would heal me.  So I made a commitment to the Lord that I would put Him first each morning in His word, seeking Him, even if I did not know what I was reading or did not feel like it.  I did it out of obedience and wanted to be healed and as I dug into the scriptures, the Lord often brought me here to this story.  I was very much like the woman in this story. As I read His word every day I got to know Him and learned to trust, believe and obey Him.   I found myself running to the scriptures for healing and it brought healing from panic attacks and anxiety disorder. 

FAITH IS A LIVING, BOLD TRUST IN GOD’S GRACE

FAITH is God’s work in us, that changes us and gives new birth from God. 
MARTIN LUTHER

You Might Also Like

0 comments