“Cordially Invited” {Rev. 19}

12:30 AM




My husband and I will have been married twenty five years in September. To many that seems like a lifetime, yet to me it seems like just yesterday that I was a eager bride, ready to begin my new life with my new husband. I remember feelings of anticipation and excitement swirling inside me as I stood in the church waiting to walk down the aisle. Yet the happiness I felt on that day can’t begin to compare to the joy that will fill my heart when, as the bride of Christ, I walk down the aisle to Jesus. 

In Revelation 19 John speaks of his vision where he hears “something like a great multitude in heaven saying, ‘Hallelujah! Salvation and glory and power belong to our God’.” (vs. 1) A great celebration is happening all around John. God, “whose judgments are true and righteous”, (vs. 2) has destroyed the Antichrist and his followers, avenging the blood of those Christians who fell by his hand. The heavens are filled with praise over God’s great victory. The heavenly host exult His name and rejoice in the “marriage of the Lamb”.  Christ the Bridegroom has come for His bride the church. “Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready.” (vs. 7) This glorious union is indeed cause for great celebration. For not only does it promise blessings to those who are invited to the wedding feast (vs 9), it ushers in the triumphant return of our Lord.

And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war.” (vs. 11) Forever to be called, “KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS” (vs. 16) in glory and power Jesus, with His bride by His side, returns to the earth. He strikes down the nations with His Word and rules over them with a rod of iron. With the, “fierce wrath of God, the Almighty.” (vs. 15) Christ tramples the wicked like grapes trampled in a wine press.


When Jesus returns, He is not coming back as the gentle Lamb. He will appear as the reigning King, our mighty warrior, and as the righteous Judge of the living and the dead. Jesus returns with His forces to accomplish all the remaining prophecies and covenants of His Word-establishing His kingdom on earth and destroying evil. He is called Faithful and True because not one of His promises will go unfulfilled.”....Dr. Charles Stanley 

Jesus is coming soon for His bride. He has set the date, planned the ceremony, arranged the wedding supper, and sent out the invitations. “The Spirit and the bride say, ‘Come.’ And the one who hears says, ‘Come.’ And let the one who is thirsty come; let the one who wishes take the water of life without cost.” (Rev. 22:17). Once again I am filled with anticipation and excitement as I wait for that illustrious day when I join my Bridegroom forever. Until then I will continue to grow in both closeness and likeness to Jesus, serve Him with abandon, and tell all who wish to attend the “marriage of the Lamb”, that they are cordially invited! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments