Night Watches

9:00 PM

Friday Feb. 1st



Night Watches



Psalm 4: 4 Tremble and do not sin, meditate in your heart upon your bed and be still. Selah

Night Watches
We all have times when we cannot sleep at night. I wonder what are you thinking about when you are awake at night?
Are you restless, tossing and turning?
Are you peaceful?
God's word has a lot to say about those night watches.

Psalm 63:6. When I remember Thee on my bed, I meditate on thee in the night watches.

Psalm 119:148. My eyes anticipate the night watches, that I may meditate on Thy word.

Psalm 1:2. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night.

Psalm 42; 8 The Lord will command His lovingkindness in the daytime and His song will be with me in the night. A prayer to the God of my life.

Psalm 77:6. I will remember my song in the night, I will meditate with my heart.

Psalm 149:5 Let the godly ones exult in glory; let them sing for joy on their beds.

Lam. 2:19. Arise, cry aloud in the night at the beginning of the night watches; pour out your heart like water before the presence of the Lord; lift up your hands to Him for the life of your little ones who are faint because of hunger at the head of every street.

Psalm 16:7-11 I will bless the Lord who has counseled me; indeed, my mind instructs me in the night. I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore, my heart is glad, and my glory rejoices; my flesh also will dwell securely. For Thou wilt no abandon my soul to Sheol; neither wilt Thou allow Thy Holy One to undergo decay. Thou will make knows to me the path of life; in Thy presence is fullness of joy; in Thy right hand there are pleasures forever.

I encourage you to anticipate the night watches...use it as a time of prayer, praise, memorizing, meditating and singing. Let the night watches instruct you in the night as His Word says.
He will make known to us the path of life and in His presence is fullness of joy and in His right hand there are pleasures forever.


Let's not be like those who use the night watches to scheme and plan evil things. For it will only bring evil into our lives.





Psalm 34:8  Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!  Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him!


You Might Also Like

0 comments