You Are My Son {Hebrews 1:1-13}

4:14 PM




Monday Nov. 11, Hebrews 1:1-13

Of the many beautiful ways Jesus is described in the Bible, this is one of my favorites, “He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.” (vs. 3) Higher than the angels, Jesus radiates God’s glory like the rays of the sun radiate its light. As the Lord Himself, He is the perfect image of the Father, who after paying our sin debt on the Cross with His precious blood, now sits at His place of honor at the right hand of God. I love how when asked about Jesus, Dr. Charles Stanley says, “Jesus is God in the flesh. He is to be worshipped as Lord, praised as Creator, recognized as Ruler, and glorified as our only Savior.” Yet sadly, some say Jesus was a great teacher or a mighty prophet, but still just a man. But God says of Jesus, “You are My Son.” (vs. 5) Additionally not just His Son, but His “beloved Son”. (Matt. 3:17) And as Lord and Savior of my life, Jesus too is my beloved and the One whom I adore.

When I looked up the definition of adoration I found it to mean a respect, reverence, or devotion to a certain person, place, or thing.  It comes from the Latin word, adōrātiō, meaning to worship someone or something. That’s exactly how I feel about Jesus. I am devoted to worshipping Him, and the love I feel for the Lord makes my heart want to burst at the seams! Why do I love Jesus you ask? Oh let me count the ways! 

I love Jesus because He gave His life for mine. (Gal. 1:4) I owed a debt I could never pay. And because of my sin I was separated eternally from God, on the path to death and destruction. But Jesus came, and through His sacrificial death on the Cross, stamped my bill “paid in full.” My Savior reconciled me back to God, and washed away the filth of my sins with His precious blood.

I love Jesus because He first loved me. (1 John 4:19) If it wasn’t for the Lord I would never have experienced what it feels like to be loved unconditionally. Knowing every mistake I would make and how I would fail Him daily, even before I was born, Jesus still choose to make me His very own. (Eph. 1:4) His love is true and constant, and I can trust that He loves me just as much when I am at my worst as He does when I’m at my best.

I love Jesus because He is my friend. (John 15:15) No truer, more loyal, friend could I ever find than in Christ. He is my greatest Champion, who not only wants the very best for me, but also helps me to achieve it. He is always there when I need Him, sharing my joy in the good times and my tears in the bad. He is my comfort and my strength. He knows me better than I know myself, and is faithful like no other. 

Many are my reasons for loving Jesus, and these are but a few. And this amazing love I share with Him, He wants to share with you. Christ suffered scorn, hatred, brutality, torture, and Crucifixion, “for the joy set before Him.” (Heb. 12:2) And what is that joy? It’s you, me, and everyone who receives Him as Lord and Savior. So if you haven’t already, I implore you to open your heart to Jesus. Let His love and forgiveness wash through you and fill your heart with love, worship, and adoration! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments