Scripture Saturday ~ "Becoming A Woman After God's Own Heart - A Journey Through The Psalms"

12:00 AM

 


Welcome to Scripture Saturday!

When I thought, “My foot slips,” Your steadfast love, O LORD, held me up. When the cares of my heart are many, Your consolations cheer my soul. (Psalm 94:18-19)


Knowing that God is steadfast and faithful in His care and love for me shows me that He will never abandon me in my trouble. He will never give up loving me.


I  couldn’t help but remember what God spoke to Isaiah…

“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through the fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.” (Isaiah 43:2-3)


And the psalmist in 46:10, "Be still and know that I am God.”


The end of 2022 was a very sad and difficult time for me and my family. My husband lost his mother, a dear friend lost her husband, another lost his father. Loved neighbors were diagnosed with cancer. My heart broke for my loved ones. I felt overwhelmed in my grief and concern for them. But, of course, God came “running to the rescue.” He reminded me that when I feel weak, fragile, unstable in my emotions, He will be strong for me. When I feel my foot slip into deep sadness, His “steadfast love” will hold me up. When my soul weighs heavy, and my heartache is deep, I must not let my Bible lie closed. I must open it up and His Word will “cheer my soul.” His Word can hold me up like nothing else can. Praise God for His faithfulness, His love, and His salvation! 


Here is this coming week’s schedule of readings…



                Seeing Jesus/Going beyond God’s attribute(s)

                                that I found in the

                                      Psalm


Monday 2/20 Psalm 96                 Hebrews 3:7-11

Tuesday 2/21 Psalm 97                 Exodus 17:1-7 and

                  Hebrews 3:7-11 again

Wednesday 2/22  Psalm 98         Psalm 52:10

Thursday 2/23   Psalm 99         2 Peter 3:13

Friday  2/24 Psalm 100         Psalm 52:10 and 

                  2 Peter 3:13 again



*Knowing that God is _____________ shows me that _________________________________.


Don't forget to share with us the attribute of God that most spoke to you this week!


Here is the link to our study on Facebook...WitW Facebook Page


Have a blessed week everyone!


Sandra


*from Jen Wilkin’s book,  Women of the Word.













You Might Also Like

0 comments