Friday Feb. 24th-Psalm 100- Make A Joyful Noise!

2:00 PM

 Friday Feb. 24th

Make a joyful noise!

Psalm 100, 2 Peter 3:13

I memorized this psalm in the past and when I came to it, I rejoiced for I had often gone to this psalm when I was down and wanted to focus on Him.  It is a short psalm but packed with joy and thanksgiving.  I love the sound of the ocean, esp. when the waves are high and roaring, a river clapping hands and the mountains signing with joy because of Him.  I now hear these sounds in a whole new way.  He made them and they are acknowledging Him.

Shout joyfully to the LORD, all the earth. Psalms 100:1

1 The earth is the LORD’S, and all it contains,
The world, and those who dwell in it.
2 For He has founded it upon the seas
And established it upon the rivers. Psalms 24:1-2

Let the sea roar and all it contains,
The world and those who dwell in it.
8 Let the rivers clap their hands,
Let the mountains sing together for joy
9 Before the LORD, for He is coming to judge the earth;
He will judge the world with righteousness
And the peoples with equity. Psalms 98:7-9

12 “For you will go out with joy
And be led forth with peace;
The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you,
And all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Isaiah 55:12

2 Serve the LORD with gladness;
Come before Him with joyful singing.
3 Know that the LORD Himself is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture. Psalms 100:2-3

My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
16 Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
And in Your book were all written
The days that were ordained for me,
When as yet there was not one of them. Psalms 139:15-16

Someday we will enter into eternity with Him and I believe that we will be so overjoyed that we will be overflowing with thanksgiving and praises to Him as we enter into eternity with Him. 

4 Enter His gates with thanksgiving
And His courts with praise.
Give thanks to Him, bless His name.
5 For the LORD is good;
His loving kindness is everlasting
And His faithfulness to all generations. Psalms 100

O give thanks to the LORD, for He is good;
For His loving kindness is everlasting. 1 Chronicles 16:34

1 I will sing of the loving kindness of the LORD forever;
To all generations I will make known Your faithfulness with my mouth. Psalms 89:1

Do you know that God makes a joyful noise over you? His is Almighty God, our Savior.  There is nowhere you can go that He is not with you.  When He forgives you, He does not bring it up again.  What a Mighty God we serve!

The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Savior [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing. Zephaniah 3:17

Have you ever just spent time with Him alone, just You and Him and His word.  I have a friend who does what she calls sweet selah days.   Sweet Selah Day is a day—or part of a day—set apart to meet with God. It’s an intentional setting aside of our normal agenda and all our activities and “making a date” to meet with Him. Just like we meet with an old friend, writing the plans on our calendars and setting aside time to catch up, it’s good to do the same with the One who loves us most of all. Here is the link- https://sweetselah.org/sweet-selah-days/.

One of our writers Sue gives a great recipe for spending time with the Lord.  I encourage you to try it during your sweet selah time with Him.

1.) Fasting always adds an exclamation point to let God know how serious you are, but is optional. 
2.) Humble ourselves  in a posture of humility by recalling Who God is and all He has done in the past. 

Your ways, God, are holy.
    What god is as great as our God?
14 You are the God who performs miracles;
    you display your power among the peoples.
15 With your mighty arm you redeemed your people, (v.13-15)
3.) Begin with confession. Confessing everything that comes to mind. Pray and ask God

  •  If there is anything you’ve failed to do and should have done, 
  • Or if there is anything you did and shouldn’t have. 
  • Confess any thoughts, attitudes, etc. that are not pleasing to Him.
  • Confess anything you’ve been feeling guilty about lately.

4.) Surrender your desires, your wishes, or whatever you're seeking His help with. Become wholly surrendered to Him.
5.) Then begin to pray; seeking answers, His perspective by asking questions (James 1:5-6)
6.) Sit in silence before Him listening to any promptings.
7.) Read His word if the Holy Spirit prompts you, but give Him time.

8.) Finally, if you've done all the above, and still haven't received any answers, seek godly council from others. 

I can honestly say that God has never failed to answer when I've come to Him in this way. Never failed to answer!  However, the answers have come at different times and in different ways, but I have always known without a doubt it was the answer I was seeking. 

And most importantly, even though the circumstances haven't changed, only my perspective, I gain the peace I need at that moment to wait on Him to deliver me from the circumstances however He chooses. 

 When you see the beauty all around you, do you stop and know that it is all from Him?  Won’t you take a moment today and spend some time with Him, rejoicing and singing songs of praise?  In His presence is fullness of joy. Psalm 16:11

Lord, I want to live in Your presence, focused on You and not on my circumstances.  You are the creator of it all.  You made me.  You are the Good  Shepherd that guides and leads me.  May my life overflow with praise and thanksgiving for all that You have done and are still doing in my life.  On those days when I am struggling put a song of joy in my heart that I can sing to You, bring a verse to me so that I can meditate on Your Word.  Help me to keep focused on You and to keep looking forward to the day when I can enter Your gates with thanksgiving and praise.  Amen!

Lyn

You Might Also Like

0 comments