WOMEN OF THE OLD TESTAMENT- PROVERBS 31 WOMAN: A PRAYER IN THE LIGHT OF THE STORY

8:30 PM

 

Heavenly Father:

As I recall those first days when I made the commitment to surrender my life to You, I realized there were many things I had to change in me. Then, as I came across this virtuous woman in Proverbs 31, I knew I wanted to become such a woman because I wanted to be worthy of your calling- a calling for each woman-

Yes Heavenly Father, with all my heart I want to become a woman:: ““… who fears the Lord [reverently worshiping, obeying, serving, and trusting Him with awe-filled respect], …”!  (Proverbs 31:30)

I was not a wife yet, nor a mother, but Your Holy Spirit gave me such a hunger and thirst for your Word and little by little I became aware that it was You who would make this change in my life… the change would have to start in my heart. And that the virtues of this Proverbs 31 woman was something I had to practice daily, and I prayed and rested on Your Promises (Jeremiah 29:11-13), trusting You would kindly take me by the hand in my walk with You!



So many years have gone by since we both began this journey… I became a wife and later on a mother. Now I am even a grandmother! But You know my Heavenly Father, it has not been easy: I´ve stumbled and fallen many times, and You have always been there by my side to pick up the broken pieces, by Your Grace and Faithfulness:

“Nevertheless I am continually with You;
You have taken hold of my right hand.
24 You will guide me with Your counsel,
And afterward receive me to honor and glory.

25 Whom have I in heaven [but You]?
And besides You, I desire nothing on earth.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the rock and strength of my heart and my portion forever.

28 But as for me, it is good for me to draw near to God;
I have made the Lord God my refuge and placed my trust in Him,
That I may tell of all Your works.”  (Psalm 73: 23-26, 28 AMP) Amen!!

Mari Salinas

Every Friday we meet for prayer and would love to have you join us.  We meet at 9:00am EST.  at Women in the Word Bulletin Board on our Facebook page.   https://www.facebook.com/groups/womenintheword2/

You Might Also Like

0 comments