WOMEN OF THE OLD TESTAMENT- THE SHUNAMMITE WOMAN- (2 KINGS 418-37, 2 KINGS ‭8:4-5)

8:30 PM

 

A PRAYER IN THE LIGHT OF HER STORY

“My heart rejoices in You Lord, for You have blessed me and my family abundantly and over the years You also gave me the opportunity to witness to our king, of Your Loving-kindness and Your Wondrous works in our lives through Your Prophet Elisha!  

I can vividly remember how we first met Elisha and how through him, You touched our lives in such a special way! My husband and I were old and had not conceived a child, but we loved and served You with all our hearts. When you blessed us with the promise of our child I was so surprised I had not realized I still had this deep yearning in my heart; but You knew this! Later when our child grew and suddenly became ill and died, I now understand that: only You gave me the courage and the certainty that I should find Elisha and trust that “ALL would be fine”, that You would restore my son back to life! You had a Perfect Plan and Purpose in all this! How can I be silent and keep all these blessings to myself?

I will give You thanks with all my heart;
I sing praises to You before the [pagan] gods.
I will bow down [in worship] toward Your holy temple
And give thanks to Your name for Your lovingkindness and Your truth;
For You have magnified Your word together with Your name.
On the day I called, You answered me;
And You made me bold and confident with [renewed] strength in my life.

All the kings of the land will give thanks and praise You, O Lord,When they have heard o

the promises of Your mouth [which were fulfilled].
Yes, they will sing of the ways of the Lord [joyfully celebrating His wonderful acts],
For great is the glory and majesty of the Lord.
Though the Lord is exalted, He regards the lowly [and invites them into His fellowship];
But the proud and haughty He knows from a distance.

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, And Your right hand will save me.
The Lord will accomplish that which concerns me; Your [unwavering] lovingkindness, O Lord, endures forever—Do not abandon the works of Your own hands.”  (Psalm 138)

Amen!


Mari Salinas

______________________________________________

Every Friday we meet for prayer and would love to have you join us.  We meet at 9:00am EST. over at Women in the Word Bulletin Board on our Facebook



 


You Might Also Like

0 comments