WOMEN OF THE OLD TESTAMENT- RAHAB- A PRAYER IN THE LIGHT OF HER STORY (Joshua 2)

8:30 PM

 


My Lord:

When my family and I heard of your majestic deeds, we knew there was no other God like you: “The God of Israel”, You alone are the Lord, God in heaven above and on the earth below! When the two men from your people were sent to scout our land, I was moved to save them, hiding them from the king´s men who came to my house looking for them.  Before they left I knew I had to ask them to promise to keep us safe from the destruction of our land and our people!  And they promised they would spare our lives when You Lord would conquer the land, if I would leave the scarlet rope hanging from the window through which I let them down to escape.

Lord I trusted them, knowing they were Your people and You did not only spare our lives when the land was destroyed, but You let us live among them!

“O Lord: … “You are my Master!
    Every good thing I have comes from you.”
The godly people in the land
    are my true heroes!
    I take pleasure in them!
Troubles multiply for those who chase after other gods.
    I will not take part in their sacrifices of blood
    or even speak the names of their gods.

Lord, you alone are my inheritance, my cup of blessing.
    You guard all that is mine.
The land you have given me is a pleasant land.
    What a wonderful inheritance! (Psalm 16:2-6)


My Lord, you not only spared my life, but you also delivered me from that sinful life of mine… the only life I knew, and now you have given me a new life in You! 

I waited patiently for the Lord to help me,
    and he turned to me and heard my cry.
He lifted me out of the pit of despair,
    out of the mud and the mire.
He set my feet on solid ground
    and steadied me as I walked along.
He has given me a new song to sing,
    a hymn of praise to our God.
Many will see what he has done and be amazed.
    They will put their trust in the Lord.

4 Oh, the joys of those who trust the Lord,

    who have no confidence in the proud
    or in those who worship idols.
Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us.
    Your plans for us are too numerous to list.
    You have no equal.
If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds,
    I would never come to the end of them.

16 But may all who search for you
    be filled with joy and gladness in you.
May those who love your salvation
    repeatedly shout, “The Lord is great!” (Psalms 40:1-5, 16)

Amen!

Mari Salinas

Every Friday we meet for prayer and would love to have you join us.  We meet at 9:00am EST.  over at Women in the Word bulletin board on our Facebook page. 

  https://www.facebook.com/groups/womenintheword2/

You Might Also Like

0 comments