Women of the Bible ~ Rachel ~ Scripture Saturday ~ Isaiah 41:10

12:00 AM

 


Welcome to Scripture Saturday! 

Our verse for this week is Isaiah 41:10..."Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."

Genesis 30:22 says, "Then God remembered Rachel, and God listened to her and opened her womb." God remembered Rachel, but He had never really forgotten her.  When the Bible uses the word remember, it doesn't mean that God forgets and then suddenly recalls - as if the all-knowing, all-powerful God of the universe suddenly hits His forehead with the heel of His hand and says, "Oops! I forgot all about Rachel, I'd better do something quickly!" (Spangler, Syswerda)

No, when the Bible says God remembers something, it expresses God's love and compassion for His people. That means us girls! The story of Rachel reminds us that God promises to never abandon us, leaving us without His support and love. He is always right there by our side. He is present and attentive, aware of our deepest desires. All we need to do is turn our eyes to Him.

Have a blessed week everyone!


Sandra 



You Might Also Like

0 comments