Truth Talk!

3:00 AM


Friday May 17th- Phil 4:4-9
Are you anxious, worried and live in fear?  You do not need to.  There is healing in His Word!

:4- Rejoice in the Lord always and again I say rejoice!
Image result for phil 4:4
Rejoice- to experience joy and gladness in a high degree; to be exhilarated with lively and pleasurable sensations; to exult. [1828 dictionary]

Wow!  What a way to begin when you are getting ready to bring all your anxieties, worries and fears before the Lord.  We have so much to be thankful for.  It sure does change one’s perspective!
 Image result for phil 4:5-6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made know to God.
Anxiety disturbs the mind and keeps it in a state of painful uneasiness.  It usually springs from fear or serious apprehension of evil.  [1828 dictionary]

Anxiety seems to be the most common ailment during these times in our lives.  We worry about everything.  Our electronic world keeps us on the edge of our seats.  They are a great cause of anxiety.  Living in an instant driven society, we want it and we want it now.  We do not want to have to wait for anything. 
How do we combat that?  
By taking our supplication-earnest requests -to the Lord with thanksgiving, making them known to Him.

I have to tell you that I have learned to do this and to not stop till I got everything out to the Lord.  I asked Him to show me if there was anything else, because I did not want to hold anything back. I can tell you it has been so freeing for me to give it all to Him and not have to carry it around with me anymore.      
And the result?  
Image result for phil. 4:7
The PEACE of God which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus!  Wow!   That is a peace that sometimes we just cannot explain! 
The steadfast of mind You will keep in perfect peace,

Because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever,
For in God the Lord, we have an everlasting Rock. 
Is. 26:3-4
Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful. John 14:27

Image result for phil 4:4
And now He tells us what to focus on. What an amazing God!  We have everything that we need to live out this life in His Word!

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.  :8
  
I have titled these verses truth talk.  I used to call them self talk until the Lord showed me that it was His truth that was healing me and not from myself.  I learned this while I was in the midst of severe panic attacks and chronic anxiety disorder.  The Lord brought me to  these verses to heal me.  I learned to rejoice in Him first and then to give all my anxieties, fears and worries to Him.  I can tell you that every time I did this I experienced the PEACE of God and my mind and heart were guarded.  I learned to memorize scripture, turn verses into prayers and to write it down because in the moment of the fear and panic I could not remember what to say.  As I continued to do this He brought me to total healing.
Praying that you will find peace and rest in Him today!




You Might Also Like

0 comments