A SURE SALVATION!

3:00 AM

Friday May 31st-Joshua 1:9-I Peter 1:13


Image result for Joshua 1:9

Our salvation in Jesus is safe and secure.  It cannot be taken away from us.

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 8:38-39

Phil. 2:12-13 tells us to work out our salvation with fear and trembling because it is God who is at work in us both to do and to work for His good pleasure.

Joshua was a godly man.  He was one of the twelve spies who stood firm in following God.  He lived through the forty years of wilderness experience.  He was to be Moses' successor.  He went into the promised land.  Joshua was a man of great faith.

Read Joshua 1:1-9

:5- no man will be able to stand before you all the days of your life.  Just as I have been with Moses, I will be with you; I will not fail you or forsake you.  Just as the Lord was with Joshua and promised never to fail him or forsake him we find in
Heb.13:5-6  Make sure that your character is free from the love of money, being content with what you have; for He Himself has said, “I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you,”   so that we confidently say,  “The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid.
 What will man do to me?

:6-Be strong and courageous, for you shall give this people possession of the land which I swore to their fathers to give them.  Just as they were promised we have the promise of eternity with the Lord.

John 3:16-17  For God so loved the world, that He gave His  only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.   For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

:7-8-Only be strong and very courageous;  be careful to do according to all the law which Moses My servant commanded you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, so that you may have success wherever you go.    This book of the law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have success.
 Ps. 119:11-Your word I have treasured in my heart,  That I may not sin against You.


Image result for psalm 119:11

:9-Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
John 14:26-28-But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you.   Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Do not let your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.


Image result for john 14:26

I Peter 1:13-16
Therefore,  prepare your minds for action,  keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.   As  obedient children, do not  be conformed to the former lusts which were yours in your ignorance,   but  like the Holy One who called you,  be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;   because it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.”


Image result for I peter 1:13

As we journey into the next few months of spending time with Him, let's spend time in His Word with Him each day.  Just you and Him teaching you from His Word.  Ask Him to show you more of Himself and fall in love with Him.  Ask Him to show you who you are in Him, believe it and live it.
As you know we won't be doing a particular study through the summer months but please do not let this deter you from spending time in His Word each day.  Remember we can be strong and courageous just as Joshua was!  We have the Holy Spirit living in us to be our helper, to teach us all things of Him.  Treasure His Word in your hearts through memorizing and meditating on them.  Be obedient to Him and Him only.  He never leaves us nor forsakes us.  Keep your eyes on Jesus the author and perfecter of our faith who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God.  We are on a journey heavenward!
Please share with us what you are learning from His Word!

Image result for Heb. 12:2


You Might Also Like

0 comments