Thursday March 31st-Pray without ceasing

5:00 PM

 



            

*Jesus was a very real person like you and me.  He experienced every temptation that we face in our lives.  Just as Jesus often went off by Himself to pray to the Father, so should we. We should be devoted to prayer with an attitude of thanksgiving.   

Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving Colossians 4:2

*We are to be praying as the Holy Spirit guides us.  Be sensitive to the Holy Spirits leading when talking with someone…they may be needing prayer at that time. Pray also for boldness in sharing Jesus with others. 

With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, 19 and pray on my behalf, that utterance may be given to me in the opening of my mouth, to make known with boldness the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains; that in proclaiming it I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak. Ephesians 6:18-20

*There are times when I do not know what to pray but I know that when my heart is heavy and there are no words, the Holy Spirit intercedes for me to the Father.

In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; 27 and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. Romans 8:26-27

Do you have an inner room to pray in secret to the Father?  I do not but I do have a place where I go in the quiet time of the morning to spend time with the Father.  It is my most treasured time of the day.

But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you. Matthew 6:6

Prayer is powerful and we should be doing it often throughout our day.  Look for opportunities to pray and be bold in your prayers.  Pray according to His will and it will be done.  Sometimes our prayer requests are a long time in coming but don’t give up…His timing is perfect.

Selah,

Lyn

And don't forget to head over to Facebook and join the discussion. just follow the link. https://www.facebook.com/groups/womenintheword2

You Might Also Like

0 comments