A Hurting World Filled With Hurting People - 1 Timothy 2:1-2

10:00 AM

 1 Timothy 2:1-2


Right now the world is in crisis. War in Ukraine, soaring fuel costs, and rising inflation, are but a few of the challenges we face. And that’s why now more than ever, we are called to be mighty prayer warriors! Soldiers on our knees filling the heavens with our petitions. Prayers for ourselves, each other, and especially our leaders. 


In his letter to Timothy, the apostle Paul tells us that Christians have a duty to pray for all mankind, leaders, and those in authority. And he gives us four types of prayers we’re to use when praying both privately and publicly.  Deēseisproseuchas, enteuxeis, and eucharistias. Translated into English, these are supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings.


Supplications are those fervent pleas we make to God for immediate response. Prayers refer to all of our general petitions made to the Lord. Intercessions are those prayers from the heart where we lift up before God the needs of others. And thanksgivings are those prayers of praise for all God is, does, and blesses us with each and every day.


Before we  received Jesus as our Savior, we were eternally separated from God. His eyes were blind to our troubles, and His ears deaf to our cries. But now, through the blood of Jesus Christ, we have the privilege and honor of fellowshipping with God. We can approach His throne of grace, and lay our prayers at His feet. Prayers for a hurting world filled with hurting people. On that note, I’d like to leave you with a beautiful little poem about praying for others.


                                                    “Others


Lord help me live from day to day in such a self forgetful way, 

that even when I kneel to pray, my prayer shall be for others. 

And when my work on Earth is done, and my new work in Heaven begun, may I forget the crown I've won, while thinking still of others. Others, Lord, others, let this my motto be. Help me to live for others, that I may live like Thee….(anonymous)


Today I challenge you to spend some time on your knees. Go to God in prayer. Pray for this world. Pray for all who are facing persecution, hardship, and death. And don’t forget to thank and praise Him along the way. For as the saying goes, “there but for the grace of God go I.” 


You Might Also Like

0 comments