Our Ever Present Help

8:00 AM


 

 "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words." (Romans 8:26) Just imagine, it is God praying to God in God’s name on behalf of God’s children!

Isn't it comforting to know that God's Spirit takes the deepest prayers of our hearts and not only beautifies them, but perfects them and answers them in the way that is in our best interest? Just think for a moment how deeply you are loved - how He longs for our sweet fellowship with Him and to bless us in spite of ourselves. I had to wonder WHY? Why has God provided all we need to help us when we can't even find the words to pray? 

I've been meditating and studying this for a few weeks now and quite honestly I've learned so much! Too much, however to write it all here, so I'm going to try to give just a few quick tidbits of truth!

The first reason for all God created was to display the riches of the glory of His grace

Isaiah 43:6-7, "Bring my sons from afar and my daughters from the end of the earth, 7 everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made."

Ephesians 1:6, 12, 14, "to the praise of his glorious grace…to the praise of his glory…to the praise of his glory."

Romans 9:23, "…in order to make known the riches of his glory for vessels of mercy, which he has prepared beforehand for glory."

Our obedience and service will glorify Him most when we consciously and continuously display our dependence on Him for His grace and power.

Secondly, prayer is a constant reminder of our dependence and need for God in everything, so that He is glorified when we are helped:

Psalm 50:15, Call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.

John 14:13, Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Just think on this Beloved, God's Spirit creates the groanings in us and then God the Father is the one who hears and performs what the Spirit asks, which ultimately brings Him glory. 

Beloved, when we are battle-worn and weary; when we don't know how to pray, or at a complete lost for words, He knows! The One who searches our hearts and knows our thoughts before one is ever spoken, stands ready to intercede on our behalf and He can be trusted  and will bring about the circumstances that will magnify Christ in the best way and bless you as well. 

What an awesome God; full of grace and mercy, who has planned for even our times of weakness and loves us far more than even we can comprehend. 

Blessings!

Sue

One a side note :
While researching this verse I discovered something Martin Luther had written some 450 years ago. He wrote that it’s a good thing if we occasionally receive the opposite of what we pray for because that’s a sign the Holy Spirit is at work in our life. I thought that was a rather interesting take on not receiving what we've asked for and had to include that thought. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments