He Hears Your Voice

10:00 AM



David believed that God heard his prayers. 


David had been in hiding and afraid for his very life because King Saul wanted to find him and destroy him. Saul saw David as a threat and Saul had many resources to use against David. But David, in his distress, never took matters into his own hands. Instead he went to God, believing that God would hear his prayers and intervene on his behalf. 


When David felt weak, helpless and vulnerable, he prayed. Prayer was David’s lifeline. He knew that he was limited but God was not. In this Psalm, he called God: 

-my strength 

-my rock 

-my fortress

-my deliverer

-my shield 

-my horn of salvation

-my stronghold


He looked at his enemies and declared that they were “too mighty for me”. He looked to God to have victory even against the odds. He knew that he didn’t have to face his circumstances alone and he credited God for helping him:


-“For it is you who light my lamp”

-“For by you I can run against a troop, and by my God I can leap over a wall”

-“the God who equipped me with strength”

-“He made my feet like the feet of a deer and set me secure on the heights”

-“He trains my hands for war, so that my arms can bend a bow of bronze”

-“your right hand supported me, and your gentleness made me great”

-“You gave a wide place for my steps under me, and my feet did not slip”

-“You equipped me with strength for the battle; you made those who rise against  

    me sink under me.”

‭‭

Perhaps this is one of the key benefits of prayer. It humbles us to realize that we are limited and not in control of our circumstances and we need help. It gives us hope to know that we can ask for help from the One who is all knowing, all powerful and able to strengthen and equip us. Every day brings its challenges and every day we need to meet with the Lord in prayer. Has the Lord heard your voice today? 


You Might Also Like

0 comments