Producing Good Fruit

8:00 AM



 

 Good soil! 
What exactly is good soil in Jesus' parable found in Luke 8:4-15? I believe it is a heart that is open, honest, and humble— a heart that is genuinely and sincerely  searching for the truth and longing to abide in Christ. Would this describe your heart?

I also believe that this is the first prerequisite to growing and producing fruit in our faith, for fruitfulness is the natural result of a heart that is surrendered to God and not only studies God's Word, but is careful to obey it. (Ezra 7:10)

So what is the key to bearing godly fruit? I believe Jesus explained it in John 15:4-5, "Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing." (Emphasis mine) Bearing fruit in the Christian life requires abiding in Jesus. He not only promises that those who abide will “bear fruit” (John. 15:2), but “bear much fruit” (v. 8), and “bear fruit…that will last.” (v.16). And don't we all want that?

However, and I don't want you to miss this - He takes responsibility for providing all we need to be fruitful (John 15:2-3).

So what are we responsible for? It's really quit simple, perhaps so simple that our enemy would like to convince us there must be more. 

We are responsible to repent, surrender and abide in Him, for "For from him and through him and to him are all things. [So that] to him be glory forever." - Romans 11:36 

As we abide in Christ and He in us, we experience the life and love of Christ flowing into our lives, through our lives to others; creating a fruitful life that glorifies Him as it moves us towards spiritual maturity- becoming more and more like Jesus. 

In short, fruitfulness is Christlikeness— "He must increase and I must decrease."

Each minute of each day we should walk a surrendered life; inviting Jesus to come in and live His life through us in order for Him to love and serve others through you and ultimately when that happens you will not only be amazed at all HE can do through you, but He will be glorified and you ... blessed! 

Ready? Pray this one simple prayer, "Lord Jesus, love _______ through me." Surrender and watch Him work! 

Blessings! 

sue


You Might Also Like

0 comments